• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Mackfire68

Went to take the Duece for a drive the other day and during my pre-inspection, I noticed oil (or what I thought was oil) leaking from the inside front right wheel. Truck started right up but when I hit the brakes, nothing right to the floor. Now I now what the oil was. Anyway, I pulled the wheel, rebuilt the wheel cylnder, replaced the grease seal and repacked the bearings. Topped off the Master Cylnder, bled the Air pak and wheel cylnder and now she is good to go. Took a little drive around the township!

Sorry, No Pictures TM's sure are helpfull!!!!!!

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I cut the drivers side seat wood racks just enough to pass the raer bomb hoist support. Only lost a few inches of seating. For the passenger side I mounted my job box losing 48" of seating, but I need the box to hold my : chain falls (2), tow chains (3), 50 Cal. boxes with rig hardware (1), larger ammo box holding straps (2) I bought 3 straps from a vendor on this website that have a capacity of over 44,000 pounds each! Tire tools, wood chocks, spare engine oil, bottle jack, DOT5 brake fluid. and funnels. anti-freeze, and basic tool box.

m715mike

Today I cut the drivers side seat wood racks just enough to pass the raer bomb hoist support. Only lost a few inches of seating. For the passenger side I mounted my job box losing 48" of seating, but I need the box to hold my : chain falls (2), tow chains (3), 50 Cal. boxes with rig hardware (1), larger ammo box holding straps (2) I bought 3 straps from a vendor on this website that have a capacity of over 44,000 pounds each! Tire tools, wood chocks, spare engine oil, bottle jack, DOT5 brake fluid. and funnels. anti-freeze, and basic tool box.
Do you have any pictures? I've been thinking about a job box (or something similar) for secure storage in the back of my truck.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
job box 002.jpgjob box 001.jpgjob box 003.jpgjob box 004.jpgHere you can see the rear most drivers side corner and the cut I made. For the job box it remains for me to use rope to fasten the box in place. I am not going to drill the bed . I drilled it enough for the bomb hoist...I also drilled 1/4" hole in the bed corners forward to drain the pools of water that would collect...When I mounted the hoist frame, I used hardened eye bolts so as to facilitate points

jbayer

RH_GRD.jpgDid some PM on Grounds, with a twist.
Removed the old R/H Alternator/headlight ground wires, and the L/H headlight/Black-out light Ground wires, drilled new holes and and built up stainless steel studs specifically for Grounding.
The way they Ground wires were, on top of the brush guard support angles that are mounted on the frame, the only way to be sure there's a good Ground is to remove the angle, and clean the surfaces between the the angle and the frame. Way too much work.
Oh, and I did have a high resistance to ground before I started, and virtually none when I was done.
Painted the bare areas with an epoxy primer, will finish with topcoat tomorrow.IMG_20140803_170919_983 (1).jpg
I did them based on MIL-B-5087,S/S by MIL-STD-464 BONDING, ELECTRICAL, AND LIGHTNING PROTECTION FOR AEROSPACE SYSTEMS

Last edited:

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jbayer, thank you, I love it! I am having trouble with directional, and brake lights, and in reading the threads, I notice how important the grounds are. I wish to find a chart locating the basic grounding cabling for the M35A2...I bet they are in need of attention. Do you know where in the TM"s this chart is?

Crush36

IMG_20140728_181912367_HDR.jpgIMG_20140728_181137686_HDR.jpgIMG_20140728_181144096_HDR.jpgIMG_20140728_181144096_HDR.jpg

Started the interior up grade on the deuce. Sprayed the whole interior in desert tan spay in bed liner and some accents in black spray in bed liner. Sprayed the troop seat brackets and post in desert tan and started spraying the bed in black bed liner. Also sprayed the mirror brackets in desert tan also..

Last edited:

Crush36

Oh I will be going. I hope I can get everything done in time. I might have to find a Mobil machanic first to replace my front axle seals... Leaks like **** and I don't know if that's something I should tackle solo. Are they that bad to replace all the seals solo?

Rmtaunton

No it's just nuts and bolts and heavy parts , but very doable ! More time consuming than difficult . Oh and the deuce doctor ( Clinto ) I think is also in Lawrenveville and he has probably changed more than I can count .

Crush36

Ok thanks. I might try it solo but if I don't have the time I will see if Clinto wouldnt mind doing it for me, but it leaks so bad I don't know if it would be drivable to get it to him.

If Clinto happens to read this. Hello Clinto, my name is Shawn and I bought Dan's 1969 M35A2, M105A2... Dan out of Dunwoody GA , I know you helped him with all the work he did on the Deuce and the motor and transmission swap. Dan had nothing but great things to say about you and your work...just wanted to introduce my self and look forward so meeting you at the rally if not sooner.

cx65083

Getting ready for Iola!

Muscled the medium tow bar into place and hooked up to tow the '56 M35A2 Deuce to Iola, WI behind my M813A1. I really could have used a "Soldier B"! Will get it hooked and chained tomorrow and go for a "test tow" around the block.
Still have to figure what I'm doing for sleep quarters this year. I don't have a mattress for the back of the truck. Sleeping bag on the hard deck doesn't sound fun at my age/shape.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks