• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Crush36

Thanks. Its been an ongoing project. Hope to have everything before the rally. The troop seats dont go all the way to the front because I have a 100 gallon fuel tank going on each side so I made them a little shorter to get the tanks in.

nchittendon

It was a huge hit. It was mainly two groups, the old gentlemen that would just stand there staring at it, remembering. Then the younger folks with kids that wanted to climb all over it. They would look at that Pete next to me, with all the chrome and 5 hours worth of polishing.....then come over to my deuce. I would tell them that they could sit in the cab but not to smudge any of my chrome! lol The guy with the shiny Pete was not amused. haha. It was fun.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Had a leaking axle seal on the bobber. Got it pulled down and the old seal out tonight. I need to pick up some rags, lots of parts cleaner, and little stuff tomorrow. I've got a seal I'll rob from the kit I bought for the other axle.

Crush36

Merc1973. Sorry didn't see comment until now. . Thanks for the comment on the Deuce troop seats. I think the trex is a better option for the seats, no splinters or rotten wood and you don't have to worry about the fiberglass getting brittle. I used 9- 12' pieces and that will get all of it done. They were $19 a board at home depot, some colors are special order but I chose an in stock grey color. I used 64 - 1 1/2" carriage bolts. 24- 2" carriage bolts . carriage bolts were 5/16in. 88-flat washers, 88- 5/16 nuts...the hardest part off all of it was getting the old carriage bolts off which I used a combination of the sawzall and the grinder to cut them all off.... Hope this is helpful. Oh, total it cost me was about $225.00 Thanks.

Crush36

Somebody posted that they're not strong enough for the width of the supports on the racks. I'll be interested to hear how they hold up under load over time.

Steve
I could understand that could be possible. I'll update after the rally because they will be getting plenty of use.. Could always add a few more legs between the ones mounted to the post for support from weight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks