• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

swindad2

It was a huge hit. It was mainly two groups, the old gentlemen that would just stand there staring at it, remembering. Then the younger folks with kids that wanted to climb all over it. They would look at that Pete next to me, with all the chrome and 5 hours worth of polishing.....then come over to my deuce. I would tell them that they could sit in the cab but not to smudge any of my chrome! lol The guy with the shiny Pete was not amused. haha. It was fun.
Awesome ain't it! Put mine in the local car show last year. Got the same results. All the kids wanted a picture with it and I got the opportunity to hear some stories from some veterans. The most awesome part was, when I rounded the corner and came up the street, several veterans formed a line and watched me roll in. Wish I had a video of that moment.

ralph3162

I thought about 395's but I got the 11.00x20's for $100 bucks each so I went for it since I was able to use existing rims rather than having to pay cost of 395's and buy MRAP or Hemitt's with adaptors.

welldigger

There's no doubt the 395s are an expensive conversion. Between wheels, tires, and powder coating the wheels I easily have 4k in mine.

Like I said you wouldn't be disappointed with the 11.00-20s vs. The 9.00-20's.

ralph3162

Hahahaha powder coating sounds nice but my poor truck I do thousands of dollars in work and the one thing I really needs I don't do PAINT poor thing like new every where else but then paint need attention I will get to it eventually but I figure its a beast so paint can wait for now. all kinds of different colors all the parts I put in are what ever color they come in LOL someday everything will match.

welldigger

I'm currently in the process of painting mine. I have been keeping my powder coat shop busy with all the deuce parts I have been bringing them.

I can't help myself. Those 50 year old parts turn out looking new. It's amazing. Though my friend works at the shop so I get a huge discount. Otherwise I would just paint everything.

dezert ratt

I love the look of the 395's but since I put them on my deuce, I'm seeing some ill handling differences now. Anyone have real world advise on whether or not it's worth changing the front caster to 4 degrees? Other than that all I can do is adjust tire pressure and install air o matic on the steering.

gungearz

I love the look of the 395's but since I put them on my deuce, I'm seeing some ill handling differences now. Anyone have real world advise on whether or not it's worth changing the front caster to 4 degrees? Other than that all I can do is adjust tire pressure and install air o matic on the steering.
My personal opinion for the deuce... is the 395's look bada55 at a sit still... but complete functionality, they suck... first 3 gears are dogs and have no low end torque but can cruise the eway at 68+mph, plus, you might get some rubbing at full turn... also, flats are almost unnoticeable... my choice for my deuce was the regular military 11x20's.... didn't sacrifice anything over the the 9x20's and gained alot... hit 62mph, don't suck you in potholes, spares are realistic, and fills the front wheel well out...

jbayer

1100x20.jpgSpeaking of 1100 x 20's, just picked the ten Goodyear G177's I bought from fellow SS'r TacticalDoc.
Had a 6x12 open trailer reserved @ U-Haul, I get there @ 0900, two people ahead of me, both U-haul people are new, and their (All of U-hauls) computer system goes down.
So after almost an hour, and them being very apologetic, I finally get out of there, it's now already 90deg out, with an almost two hour drive ahead.
Make it to Christmas, FL, load tires with help from Tactical Doc's friend CB,(Thanks) and back to St. Augustine in 4 hours round trip.
Unloaded tires by myself, (It's now 99 deg.'s out, UGH!:drool:) bring trailer back back to U-Haul, and their computer sys is still down. Long story short they said no charge, nice!
I don't see me breaking these down until it's cooler out, like December maybe, since their on 5T wheels. Unless maybe while my wife is at work I can do it in the Living room. (What she don't know won't hurt me.:wink:)

rwminck

Just two bolts, that's it

Finally got the rear hubs on, then decied I would tackle the front lower dog bones, but could not get the forward pin out. Didn't have 1 1/8" combination so stopped that job. Sand blasted the sling hold downs, prep'd the bump and painted. I was going to just take off two bolts on the bottom of the radiator and next thing you know, I am draining and pulling the radiator to put in the new one. Man the lower rad hose was hard enough to lossen the clamp and get off, don't know how the heck I am going to get the lower hose on? Oh, started to put on new hard top. Also thought that would be a simple job, but it was tough by myself, still not done with that either. Enough for today!

rad.jpgsling.jpgbumper.jpgdrum.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks