• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Jeepsinker

Cool. Keep me informed if something changes.
it doesn't seem too complicated but I want to be walked through things with pump timing involved the first time around if possible. I learn much better that way than by reading.

Last edited:

rwminck

Out for a drive

Went to Lowes to pick up some pine straw. Real mission was to eval the bumpsteer I was having after installing the new 46's. Lowered tire pressure too 52# and it acts much better.

lowes.jpg

rwminck

Well, It kind of sold, but I added information to the auction late in the game (only 24 hours left in auction), and the buyer did not read my note before he hit the bid buttom, so I am not holding him to the buy. I told every bidder about the bumpsteer but the winner never asked not one question?? I want the next owner to be informed about the truck and be happy with their buy.

Jeepsinker

I painted two doors for mine today to test paint color. I had it mixed to the FS paint code for 383, but it looks too light. It is looking more like the shade of older faded 383, but I will reserve final judgement until tomorrow.

mattgunguy

Since the deuce has become my daily driver, & I've finally gotten the 12volt set up working right. I added a radio. Now I can listen to the news on the way to work. About 30 minutes each way.

orrisd4

i pulled my winch , that thing was HEAVY.

i think i might have pulled something picking it up since the next day i was so sore i needed to see my chiropractor.

the radiator is off being boiled out and pressure tested so that is out of the way , need to get the drive train fluids done, tranny transfer,axels ,ect.
not a bad week actually

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced fuel filters and cleaned cannisters in preparation for the 2014 Toys For Tots activities.
The first event is Tuesday evening - an Aaron Tippin benefit concert as a local nightclub. The Deuce will be a "gate guard" and may just bring Mr. Tippin in ! We shall see.....

gungearz

What did I do with my deuce today....? Hmmmmm... I attended the haspin fall rally for 4 days... had a blast... and now, I'm going to pack up and drive 220 back north to go home...

Woodsplinter

Well I made noise when I went to buy more parts. I got an ATV winch which will be installed in the back to help me load heavy things that my old bones are to tired to lift when I am by myself and a new seat for the passenger side. I am also in the process of getting the pieces a few at a time until I have a complete AN/VRC 12 radio set to go with the VIC 1 system already installed. So far I have the Antenna LOL. I also purchased another spring base so when the base arrives I can mount the seat on the passenger side of the truck for the little woman. Drivers side has already been done.View attachment 517787 I also finished the install of the second alternator so I now have a 12v and 24v system in the truck.View attachment 517789
How are you going to set up the winch for loading? I'd be interested in pics when you get around to it- I need something similar.

Mark

ralph3162

How are you going to set up the winch for loading? I'd be interested in pics when you get around to it- I need something similar.

Mark
To be honest I am not exactly sure yet. My basic idea is as follows. I bought a 2 1/2 ton ATV winch from TRC for $80. I will be mounting it in the head of the bed just below the head ache rack tomorrow. Its a very small 12v winch. I have a dual alternators on my deuce 12v and 24v system. I would then mount the controls in the back just inside the tailgate. It will be used to load and unload the extra spare tire for now that was all I needed it for really. Future uses may require some kind of boom or roller which I have an idea or two about but I am open to any ideas that would be inexpensive, that could be taken up and down in a couple minutes when needed then stowed when done and not affect cargo area in any way when stowed or removed.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did I do with my deuce today....? Hmmmmm... I attended the haspin fall rally for 4 days... had a blast... and now, I'm going to pack up and drive 220 back north to go home...
That can't be true or you would have posted pictures, or even videos. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks