• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

Surely I can use any diesel rated hose right?
No, you need a "full emersion rated hose" . The standard fuel hoses work great running fuel inside them, but the outside cannot handle the fuel it destroys them over time. They are pricey but which would you rather have, a cheap hose that will give out when your driving down the highway or an expensive hose that will last the life of the pump and probably you too !

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahab they are rivets , I used some 1/16 steel for the case and 1" steel for the bracket it's not going anywhere lol

Jeeper10

Installed a remote brake fluid reservoir and repaired/replaced a leaky fuel hose. Got depressed when I realized the previous owner didn't use dot 5 brake fluid 😥

dusterdeere

I was thinking of getting 3 way connector and splice into b.o lights. not sure if it will draw to much I don't plan on keeping them on very long. If not prob run wires straight off battery to separate switch. for the wire not sure yet I think I have 14 awg connectors

daytonatrbo

My m35 is back on active duty. Finally got my alternator swapped out. I picked it up back before christmas. Time flies and all that.
Now, I think it needs a new thermostat. Back in the summer it got up to temp ok, but anything below 40 and it doesn't seem to want to. The m109 in the same weather warms up just idling in the yard.

The M109 is all titled and registered. I still haven't gotten around to fixing the leaky injector line. The leak is so small that I can't get it to show just driving around the block a couple times. But its still letting air in when the truck sits. Makes for a rough start. It's for sale "as is" or better if I can get around to fixing it.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today, while enjoying a BEAUTIFUL west Texas "winter" day with temps in the low/mid 80F range, Dianna and I loaded up the lawnmower, tree pruning tools and "stuff" and drove a whopping 0.3 miles to her mothers new-to-her house. The trees in thee front yard weren't kept trimmed and were more like bushes with 8" diameter trunks, so we pruned them up so you can now walk under the limbs. Then we attacked the 60 year old pecan tree that is in the neighbor's yard but hangs over her back shed and was well entangled with her incoming power line.
We cut up the thicker branches to donate as firewood to a women's post-adjudication home that we help support. The firewood was then stacked on the right side of the deuce's bed and the "kindling" was piled on the left side. We'll deliver it all next weekend.
Once all that was done we mowed the shin-deep winter grass that's be growing FAST in this warm "winter" weather.

Even though the house is just a about two blocks away, few of those neighbors are aware of our FMV Motor Pool. I think all the immediate neighbors and some from a few doors down had to drop by, introduce themselves and drool over the Deuce. It's pretty nice feeling to hear their appreciation, and maybe a hint of jealousy in their tones.

All in all, a VERY GOOD DAY !

Sorry - no pics. We got a late start after church and didn't feel we had time for photos.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks