• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

The King Machine

I'll create a separate thread at some point here, but wanted to mention that I bought this from SS member Kaiserjeeps.

It came with the 105 and covers (obviously) along with a healthy list of extras including:

Spare Rockwell
5 Spare 11.00x20 NDT's (some new with rims)
Takeout LDS Multifuel motor with wastegate turbo from a 5 ton (working)
8x 395 XML's to single it out
Bed/bumper crane
etc
etc
etc

I'm excited...can ya tell :)

Good score!

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got an extension cable and hid the wire to my backup cam, cleaned up and painted the instrument cluster and put different colored dash light lenses back in.

Attachments

TsgtB

I noticed that after putting "00 Grease" in the winch, it pushed out the remaining 90wt that still in the bottom of the gear boxes...
I'm hoping this is normal.

daytonatrbo

I know how much of a pain that can be ! My bumper had been hit several times before I bought it. I had to spend over 4 hours with a torch and sledge hammer to get it to straighten out.
image.jpg

Yeah, this was barely worth fixing. But I'd like to to be able to more easily use the bed until I can buy a new one. I may go ahead and spend some money on a c8x11.5 or similar to build a new fascia for the tailgate to mount to. But the steel to do it is half the cost of a nicer bed.

The previous owner had the truck get away from them and rolled down a hill with no driver. It took out a number of trees before hitting a real big one.

I also need to replace the last crossbar on the frame, where the Pintle is.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 608178

Yeah, this was barely worth fixing. But I'd like to to be able to more easily use the bed until I can buy a new one. I may go ahead and spend some money on a c8x11.5 or similar to build a new fascia for the tailgate to mount to. But the steel to do it is half the cost of a nicer bed.

I bet all the neighbors heard you fixing that thing...I have NOS tailgates in the crate, gates are for the non dropside bed.
JC

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, minus 8 over night, my civilian truck wouldn't start, but of course the Ole Deuce did, 5 degrees and she started with just a few cranks!
20160214_142958.jpg20160214_143020.jpg
And the 1974 style MASSTER'S paint scheme still holding out!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks