• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

fpchief

Cleaned the inside of the cab, opened the plate to get access to the master cylinder,cleaned around the master cylinder before opening only to find out it was bone dry.checked prices for dot 5 brake fluid, ordered power bleeder, not sure how much break fluid will be needed. can someone tell me how much will be needed.
thanks
Not sure how much. I think I used maybe 3 pints when I re-worked my brake system. I may have had some in the airpack already. All wheel cylinders were empty and MC was empty too...That is with bleeding them good. But...if you don't have any, it may be cheaper to get the gallon from Big Mike. I hope you didn't pay too much for that bleeder. I made mine for about $10. Not fancy but absolutely does the job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks all for the reply's, yes big mikes is were I will be ordering from he seems to have the most for the least I think it was 1 gallon for $80.00. and no i didn't pay that much for the power bleeder.

? when hooking up the power bleeder I will hook it up at were the bleeder air vent is/was. remove the vent. will I need a special attachment for this.
thanks

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New mud flaps.

Got inspired when I saw someone's truck earlier in the thread.

My mud flaps were only 1 foot long and I knew that was too short in any state. Mud flaps are dirt cheap (as you'd expect) except for the 20 inch variety which are stupid expensive. So, I bought a pair of 24x24x3/8, square corners and cut off 4 inches. I could've been done there, but decided to buy a stencil from Amazon, some repositional (tacky) adhesive spray from Michaels, white spray paint and reflective spray paint from a local hardware store. Also new hardware as I end up breaking about every 3rd bolt I try and take off the truck. All told, the project cost about $100, though I have paint left over and can still use the stencil.

If I had just bought the flaps and hardware it would've cost about $60.

20190610_142741.jpg

Another Ahab

New mud flaps.

Got inspired when I saw someone's truck earlier in the thread.

All told, the project cost about $100, though I have paint left over and can still use the stencil.

If I had just bought the flaps and hardware it would've cost about $60.

Clear out the garage, build the assembly line, recruit the neighborhood Little League ("hey kids, want to play with some spray paint?!"), and you could have a business there, you know?

Go world-wide on the web (Amazon will pick you up in a week, maybe even an hour).

The key is the price-point, hmmmmm....

How about $250? :doghead:

rustystud

Clear out the garage, build the assembly line, recruit the neighborhood Little League ("hey kids, want to play with some spray paint?!"), and you could have a business there, you know?

Go world-wide on the web (Amazon will pick you up in a week, maybe even an hour).

The key is the price-point, hmmmmm....

How about $250? :doghead:
Hey Ahab your back !
I've been off for awhile due to sickness, and just saw this new post.
Glad your back, missed you !

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally I am moving mine from Southern California to Washington. It isn't the adventure I imagined but it is getting done. to move it myself I was going to take a week off and my son was too, but he just changed jobs and I also started working again so time was an issue. i am sure this is a situation for many. Driving a 50 year old truck 1000 miles, most of it thru California at $4.00 or more a gallon just didn't seem a good idea, so I found a trucking company that specializes in vehicle transportation at a price that was actually less than driving down with a trailer for my son's car, driving two trucks back to to Washington and then fuel for my son to drive back. if there was a mechanical issue on the trip, the cost would have gotten worse. So it hitched a trailer ride this morning and will be here tomorrow. ride home.jpgride home tied down.jpg the bows were removed to keep the truck height under 9 feet for fewer issues with over passes. Now I will actually be able to work on it instead of collecting ideas and dreaming about it.

Last edited:

rustystud

rustystud, missed you, too, Brother!

Yeah, sure enough, I dragged my big sorry behind back here into the mix.

Still didn't get everything done I had hoped to, but I just got lonesome for all the fun over here, you know?!

:beer:

I'm really glad your back !
Since several people have asked what happened I'll give a short synopsis here.
I had kidney stones removed last year. After a few months I started to get a little sick. Then about five months ago I really got sick. Went to the doctor and found out I had "mersa" in my bladder. Was treated and each time after the anti-biotics was done I would get sick again. After four times being treated with really heavy duty anti-biotics (getting really sick each time from the anti-biotics themselves) the doctors realized the source of infection was my kidneys. Got it when I was in the hospital for my kidney stones. So they put me on these extremely strong anti-biotics which made me really nauseous each time I took them. That has finally gotten rid of it. Though I'm still taking them right now (two days left). So we will see if it comes back a six time.
I haven't had much energy lately and dealing with some of the guys here can really take it out of a guy ! So I just watched TV and slept a lot. Feeling much better now. Praise GOD !
So that's what I've been up too. How about you ?

Privatewrench

I'm really glad your back !
Since several people have asked what happened I'll give a short synopsis here.
I had kidney stones removed last year. After a few months I started to get a little sick. Then about five months ago I really got sick. Went to the doctor and found out I had "mersa" in my bladder. Was treated and each time after the anti-biotics was done I would get sick again. After four times being treated with really heavy duty anti-biotics (getting really sick each time from the anti-biotics themselves) the doctors realized the source of infection was my kidneys. Got it when I was in the hospital for my kidney stones. So they put me on these extremely strong anti-biotics which made me really nauseous each time I took them. That has finally gotten rid of it. Though I'm still taking them right now (two days left). So we will see if it comes back a six time.
I haven't had much energy lately and dealing with some of the guys here can really take it out of a guy ! So I just watched TV and slept a lot. Feeling much better now. Praise GOD !
So that's what I've been up too. How about you ?
Hope you get better Rustystud. Praying you get rid of that once and for all.

Private Wrench

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't had much energy lately and dealing with some of the guys here can really take it out of a guy!

Yea poor physical health at any at any age is not a good thing to go through. Glad your feeling better. If your having trouble with "some of the guys here" maybe you could start a thread and things could be discussed and aired out. Mental health is just as important and don't need anyone here going postal. I looked and did not understand why you were banned for a week because of attitude or collecting to many points to get the week off. Then again I am not a moderator and have any say so on who gets points for attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:

rustystud

I haven't had much energy lately and dealing with some of the guys here can really take it out of a guy!

Yea poor physical health at any at any age is not a good thing to go through. Glad your feeling better. If your having trouble with "some of the guys here" maybe you could start a thread and things could be discussed and aired out. Mental health is just as important and don't need anyone here going postal. I looked and did not understand why you were banned for a week because of attitude or collecting to many points to get the week off. Then again I am not a moderator and have any say so on who gets points for attitude.

It was due to my response to you. Go figure.
Don't worry about me going "postal" though.

Last edited:

Maverick1701

This last week we had about 15 Colombians (my wife's family & friends) in town for our wedding. I drove them around Lubbock, Texas in the truck for a mini-tour (also it was cheaper than renting a 15 passenger van). In Colombia you can't own military equipment (or so I'm told) so they LOVE seeing/riding-in my truck.
Everyone had a BLAST.

While we were out, I noticed the truck felt a little down on power & I originally thought it was the crazy west texas head-wind we had. However, I took a peek in my fuel tank and *BOOM* algae....so that's something I'll have to tackle before I drive it again....fun fun.

Sight_2019_06_09_141837_785.jpgSight_2019_06_09_141851_261.jpgSight_2019_06_09_163211_639.jpgSight_2019_06_09_163102_039.jpg

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a jib crane in the back of the M35 and finally reinstalled my parking brake.
IMG_20190615_104146.jpg
IMG_20190615_104635.jpg
IMG_20190615_110953.jpg

Not only did I blot the crane to steel plates on the bottom of the bed we also welded the plate to the bed and frame. Should hold nicely.
IMG_20190615_084800.jpg

The parking brake cost me about $80 to be lined, she was all cleaned up painted before I reinstalled her. Took the Deuce to a nice steep hill and check the brake. The parking brake works great and the spacing looks to be perfect no rubbing at all.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Added some bling.

The shift boot I saw in this thread a few months back and the light switch I found when I was perusing old threads for things to do.

20190615_192117[1].jpg20190615_132047[1].jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks