• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I kept the critters fed all winter put 4 bags of mice treats all 4 bags empty and poop on my seat but didn’t find and corpses. Thought these trucks were sealed like a dolphins butt lmao. Hope their not in the heater box again might have to put some rubber snakes in there. I keep one in all my vehicles zip tied in the engine bay you should see the mechanics when they open the hood

DaneGer21

I built a flag/pole holder in the front passenger side bumper…

*yes there is a large drain hole in the bottom, roughly 3/8”. I even sprayed a can of paint for about 20secs in there until it dripped out the bottom. Should help seal when water enters.

*yes that’s a set screw in one of the pics, it’ll be used to cinch down into the the flag pole to secure it. Nut welded to the pipe, add bolt and extra nut to lock down; instant set screw.

The flag is 2.5’x4’, the average flag at stores is 3’x5’. I wanted smaller so I found the 2.5’x4’ on Amaz*n. When pulled tight, it’s about 2” from the exhaust stack. Which means even at full speed, or crazy’s winds, it’ll never be able to touch the exhaust.

Attachments

Last edited:

Iron Maiden

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some plans to upgrade my truck with some added lights and accessories. My first step was to fabricate a fuse box, which I mounted on the inside firewall on the passenger's side. I fabricated the box out of 1/8" steel. I installed two fuse blocks inside. One fuse block is for 12V accessories and the other is for 24V. The source of my 12V will be from a 24/12V converter that I have installed under the seat.

Attachments

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some plans to upgrade my truck with some added lights and accessories. My first step was to fabricate a fuse box, which I mounted on the inside firewall on the passenger's side. I fabricated the box out of 1/8" steel. I installed two fuse blocks inside. One fuse block is for 12V accessories and the other is for 24V. The source of my 12V will be from a 24/12V converter that I have installed under the seat.
I love the custom work, but would it have been easier/cheaper to get a pre-fabbed box and just add to it?

Iron Maiden

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the custom work, but would it have been easier/cheaper to get a pre-fabbed box and just add to it?
Thanks for the kind words. I guess part of the fun of having this truck is doing some custom fabricating along the way. I have to admit, if I had seen the box that you linked to, that it would have been a temptation.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the kind words. I guess part of the fun of having this truck is doing some custom fabricating along the way. I have to admit, if I had seen the box that you linked to, that it would have been a temptation.
Sometimes though - skills like yours are really impressive - even though you could have bought it at the store.
Very neat fab skills!

ToddJK

I got some stuff done today. I'm pooped, lol.
Took out the box seat, installed the bench seat. Thought I had enough angle iron and brackets, nope. Back to Menards I went and got a couple more brackets. Had to drill one hole and was able to bolt the brackets down using the driver spring seat bolts. Got my fuel line replaced. Got the air brake tubing with the fittings, all 3/8's, everything worked as it should. Then my 9/16" wrench was too long to get the compression nut off the secondary, so I snipped the line and used a socket. Then had to go to AutoZone and get a short 9/16" wrench. Watched Tactical Repairs' video about the fuel lines to make sure I was doing it right. Noticed a fitting from the IP connecting to the FDC was leaking, gave that half a turn and it stopped. Afterwards I completely cleaned the back end out, removed my IBC tote and barrels. Sprayed it with degreaser and scrubbed it. Sprayed it out and it looks much better now. Just have to do some touch ups with some paint and she'll be ready to haul the family and some friends for the Memorial day parade. Then it's time to get ready for the Haspin Rally in June.

RedNBlue

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve been removing the really bad wiring and extra lights, accessories, etc that the previous owner had added. In my exploration of the deuce, I found the previous owner had replaced the turn signal flasher with a mechanical flasher that wasn’t working correctly and at times, not at all.
Thanks to others here at SS, I found a thread where someone mentioned a Grote 44010 solid state flasher. I ordered one online and installed it today, all better!
F13CAC96-9EA0-436F-AC1A-5627D55D5CC2.jpegE5AD4B4F-9986-4EC5-9070-AEF553F0D1A7.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’ve been removing the really bad wiring and extra lights, accessories, etc that the previous owner had added. In my exploration of the deuce, I found the previous owner had replaced the turn signal flasher with a mechanical flasher that wasn’t working correctly and at times, not at all.
Thanks to others here at SS, I found a thread where someone mentioned a Grote 44010 solid state flasher. I ordered one online and installed it today, all better!
View attachment 868744View attachment 868745
Good Deal!!

That solid state flasher will give you the opportunity to have LED lights that flash properly.
Suggest that you change the bulbs and test function one by one rather than swapping everything all at once...

Glad it solved your problems too!

DaneGer21

View attachment 868744View attachment 868745
You could also use an EG22 flasher relay; about half the cost.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks