• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

ToddJK

Swapping out head gaskets on mine now. Was leaking oil really bad, would leak around a gallon per week and that's driving it three to four times around 120-140 miles/week. With the heads off, there was lots of build up around the injector nozzles, but the pistons looked great, the cylinder sleeves looked good too with no scoring or any signs of hard/abnormal wear. I did notice too, that it looked like one of the fire rings did not completely seal as I can see the soot mark on the head, which I'm wondering if that was contributing to my blow-by. Have the new gaskets on now and the heads are on but still needs to be torqued down and everything reinstalled. I have to say though, it's going by very smoothly unlike the first time I did it around 10 years ago when I melted a piston and everything in my other deuce.

Attachments

RedRiderBB

I mounted two of my new ndt tires on the front and broke down one more wheel. Replaced a return spring that had broken on the throttle return.
I’m suspecting that I have a broken/missing throttle return spring, but I don’t see anything obvious, can you point me to where I can find it to verify it is ok/not ok? Accelerator pedal does not return to idle in fact it ramps itself up until the pedal is lifted an put in the idle position.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks