• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

RECONJON

I very happily hung both my plates, I wish more had been accomplished but it was a lot to do week just getting the DMV business squared away. One thing I noticed, no plate light. Anyone know if they make a clear utility light lense? I figured I could replace the middle red with white and call it a plate light. That was one thing they did not look for at Inspection.

:beer:

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i agree Don. good looking rig! is that the one that had the camper built in it when you got it? id like to see more detail of the fender mount leds. heres my 109 before and now.. figured id show how i parted it out some.. more mods coming.

You have an excellent looking truck there. No this 109 I drove back from Florida last year, I got it from Oddball, you are thinking of 3DAngus M-109 with the shower, sink, bed and desk. Mogger67 my friend picked that one up late last fall. I would talk to Dell and ask him how he did the mods.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took a trip through Detroit yesterday, Ended up going through Dearborn, that was a trip. The festival was fun. Stopped by a few Detroit landmarks for a pic or two.:driver:

Mogger67 went along for the ride and was good company for a change. I let him drive the city/freeway home. He still cant get a grip of the standard shifting pattern and is a slow learning student. Before we left I filled up with mineral oil, average MPG was 11.6

Attachments

daveks63

Well I changed the HH seals as I was getting fuel in the oil. Did an oil change and filters too. Went to start it up and the started is out now. I guess I am going to be looking for a starter this week.

SMOKEWAGON66

Finished my troop seats ( thanks Digger ) Also went to the Depot and got a small sample of Behr paint using the codes from another thread on here for 24087. Although I didn't notice the lady that mixed it used flat paint instead of semi-gloss so that's not right, also the codes I had were different then HD's new lower VOC paint codes so the shade is a tad different. Will have to try again with another sample soon.

Attachments

Docuscg

Have been sanding on my A3 for the last 30 days. No finger prints left. Chasing spot rust from one end to the other. Thought the inside cab floor would be okay, but after a quick vacuum and then pulled back the floor mats----- there it was small rust bumps. Seems thst a little sand or dirt gets underneath the mat and can get stuck in one spot so too cut into the base paint and starts a rust spot. Also the mat holds water longer so that helps speed the process. Someting to watch out for. Had to sandblast the hood . Some young GI was told to paint it with a brush !! " THICK". Today I was masking off the side mirrors so I could prime them .... but one slipped. This afternoon I ordered two new side mirrors. Wife had a few choice words. Maybe in another week or two I can get it primed.

Attachments

Docuscg

What blast material did you use on the hood?
Med. grit sand. Hood has thick enough steel to not warp. Fun thing was removing all the flaking off of the sealer the gov. put on the foam insulation. After I wet the foam and let it soak some, you can pull the (Latex? ) sealer off. Now hunting for a new sealer paint to refinish the foam.

RECONJON

Cleaned up some surface rust and painted areas in need, got dressed to got out and thank and honor those who have and continue to protect our Indepenence! Happy Birthday America! And Thanks to All for their commitment.

God Bless!

:beer:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks