• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

srodocker

you wanted pics of me falling out? my cousin was unable as he was laughing and helping lol.

basically I stepped up on the step with my left foot then put my right foot in the cab. as i pushed off the left foot it ripped the corner of grip tape i was stepping on and left foot went under the cab. in a panic i punched the door trying to grab something but luckily i grabbed my steering wheel and told the cousin to come help ha!

caliber1

Flushed the coolant today, and then attempted to fix the heat distribution box in the cab. Oiled the pull wires and I can now open and close the damper and switch between cab heat and defrost. Although there seems to be very little difference between cab and defrost :-?

Took a nice drive through the country with a friend and enjoyed the fall colors. Great thing about the deuce is I couldn't hear her blabbering over the hum of the truck![/QUOTE]

Now that was funny!!:beer:

Installed my new LED Headlights.
How do you like them?

Got a new water seperator today, gotta figure out how to plumb it in now.

sandcobra164

Made it tow a 16,000 pound MK-14 LVS Trailer!!! She pulled it just fine, seems to prefer WMO and the C Turbo!!! We averaged 45-50 on the open road!!!!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When i drove to work and Lowes last friday i noticed that i had to be very hard on the brakes for thebrake lights to com on so sunday i checked the air pressure switch on the brake booster and found that it came onat about 75PSI. Then I adjusted it to come on about 25PSI. Now i don't have to almost lock the brake to have the lights come on. My switch has an adjustment on the back center.
Can you post a picture of the switch and its location..?

VP17IFT

Brake light switch adjustments

My brake light has been sticking after pulling away from a red light. I wonder if I can turn mine up and fix the issue?

Mike929, I don't see why it wouldn't work but it might also be some dirt or corrosion inthe switch, i checked mine when i adjusted it before I hooked it up to my shop compressor regulator, it is pretty new so no major build up just a quick brush and some WD40.

hawkeyepoole

What did I do recently? I towed a Five Ton home from the depot for a friend. His brakes didn't work, so I couldn't hook up his to mine, so we went at no more than 15 MPH on surface streets about 5 miles (lucky he lived close!) to his house. Everybody thought we were current military so no one gave us any grief in traffic in Fort Worth at 5:30pm on a weekday! Here's a pic of my little Deuce hooked up to 21,000lbs of deadweight Five Ton! My friend paid less than $2k for his Five Ton!

The second picture is someone else's Five Ton that he got for $3500 with a 21' bed!

Attachments

Jas0n

Tightened up the air compressor belt. Still needs a little more tension but its better than what it was. Replaced the air pressure gauge in the dash, it wasn't reading correctly. Also replaced the air valve on the passenger side cab since it was leaking and added a quick-connect fitting on it so I can use air tools easier. Fixed a few frayed electrical wires, still have lots more of those to repair. Replaced some burnt out bulbs in the front / rear signal lights.

Next comes fixing the valve stems so I can actually add / remove air from the tires without having to crawl up under the truck! Then hopefully an oil / fuel filter change. Add a main battery disconnect, and swap the push-button start for a key.

VP17IFT

Brake air press switch

Can you post a picture of the switch and its location..?
Islandguydon Pics as requested. i wired it in parallel with the original hydraylic brake light switch which has been intermittent. the small screw in the center of the switch back is the adjustment, it originally had green thread sealant but it broke free without damaging the slot or threads, I put on some red thread locker to hold it inplace.

Attachments

Tlauden

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351375258.563213.jpgflushed the coolant system, man was that nasty!!!!! Also found out the neck of the rad has a small pinhole right where that one tiny pipe goes in, not the drain but the straight one heading forward..... So I guess I'll need to pull it and find someone who fixes copper :/

Next time though I'm going to replace the top and bottom hoses, my heater hoses, and put in a new thermostat. Doesn't need the thermostat but it looks like original hoses so while I got it drained minus well get it done, it's a cheap and easy swap and it'll give me Peice of mind knowing the coolant system is in top notch shape lol

On a side note I found a BRAND NEW air pack to replace my faulty one, only paid $45 for it, still got the factory plugs in it :D

mikeblac

Recovered this deuce about 01Aug12. She was painted a nasty CARC tan. Decided after many other repairs - it was time for a paint job. Days and days sanding, grinding, needle scaling, etc... It was ready for primer in some spots. Decided to shoot directly over the tan, in the areas that were not in need of repair or too rusty.

Boy, that tan really sucks up the paint. Two days of applying the base coat - yeah even underneath - to the areas that I could get to. If you lay on you back under a deuce, and spray green paint above you for about four hours - guess what color you come out as? Sorry no photo of that! I do have some self respect. I am pretty sure that it will all wear off by Thanksgiving, so the family won't be too upset.

Then on to the brown and black. Decided to go with more of a featherd edge, versus taping it off. Just personal preference - but I looked at some trucks that were taped off - and the color breaks were just to abrupt for my idea of camo. Used the TB 43-0209 template and traced it out with a Sharpie (not chalk), and went to painting.

All seemed to go well - I am happy at this point. But I open it up to your comments and suggestions. We still have some touch-up work to do, and any work suggested by your input.

Thanks in advance for you input and suggestions.

Mike

Attachments

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I built a power brake bleeder, flushed the entire brake system. I think it had been contaminated with DOT3 fluid. It took about a quart and a half to flush it out. The brakes have never worked this good before. Installed a pyrometer and turned the fuel up a little.
Next will be lockers front and rear with lockout hubs and water injection.

redrocket78

I replaced my water pump and housing after the break down last week. Tightened the air compressor belt. Topped off the fuel tank right before the storm hits. Ready to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks