• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Dipstick

What RPMs are you turning Dipstick? With those 11.00 X 20s You should be able to hit 55 easy.
Jess, not really sure. The pointer in my old tach bounced all over the place. I hope I'll be able to read the new tach better while driving. It would be great to do 55 and still be below the maximum 2600 rpm. I have new headlights and a new horn switch to install before I can drive it regularly. Today, Christmas shopping.

dutchguy

I dressed her up and drove her in our "Christmas in the Village" lighted Christmas parade. I was hoping for a couple of feet of snow, but that might have limited other participants :D. I did have a snowmobile trail groomer right behind me....

Attachments

mrpacman

I am a new owner. Installed new batteries, checked fluids, greased driveline, bled IP, cleaned windows and mirrors, checked lights, purchased liability insurance. Drove mine home 15 miles from where it was unloaded. Ran well. took back roads home. But, seemed like everyone was in such a hurry. I was running between 45 and 50mph and people were still tailgating me.
Luckily made it home because bottom radiator hose began leaking badly. This is a fantastic truck and I look forward to driving it and tinkering with it.
Also, I am happy I found this website. Seems like a bunch of good folks on here with tons of knowledge.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am a new owner. Installed new batteries, checked fluids, greased driveline, bled IP, cleaned windows and mirrors, checked lights, purchased liability insurance. Drove mine home 15 miles from where it was unloaded. Ran well. took back roads home. But, seemed like everyone was in such a hurry. I was running between 45 and 50mph and people were still tailgating me.
Luckily made it home because bottom radiator hose began leaking badly. This is a fantastic truck and I look forward to driving it and tinkering with it.
Also, I am happy I found this website. Seems like a bunch of good folks on here with tons of knowledge.
Congrats on the new truck.
Wecome to the addiction! Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

SteveKuhn

Good luck with your new fun machine and enjoy the buzz. You only get to be a new owner once, then you rapidly become a collector. In addition to Windex for the glass, a roll of duct tape can be mighty handy in the tool box.

Steve

ABN173

Been driving mine from FT Lewis,WA to Alabama/Georgia then on to FT Bragg in March. Right now I'm in Utah headed East in the Deuce with CUCV in tow.

-Dale
Good fricken luck! Your gonna need it.
Well we are stopped in Salina, KS making 1800 miles behind us with the Rockies and Continental Divide behind us as well. Should be able to make Alabama by tomorrow night that will be our lay-over point for Christmas before making our way down to Papabear's AOR (Columbus, GA).

Sweet Deuce!
Thanks!

Welcome mrpacman, can't help but notice the arcade screen name. I have a '83 Bally Midway Spy Hunter machine in my household goods, that was my favorite (hopefully the movers don't break it)

-Dale

Last edited:

demonhunter77

I bought new hood latches, gauge lettering, new dash light assemblies, new reflectors, new shift indicator, master cylinder rebuild kit, light control switch, turn signal control switch, auxiliary switch, dimmer switch, fuel gauge, oil pressure gauge, air pressure gauge, water temp gauge, tachometer, speedometer, battery gauge, glove box door, winch data plate, shifter boot, front brake/driving light brackets, nos instrument panel, double rifle mount, new headlight, wiper blades, on/off data plate, and two sets of "zombie response team" decals. It was a very busy day. LOL. Still up and looking to buy an extra cab and doors, extra hard top, two sets of hmmwv upgrade seats, air tools to run off the deuce compressor, 6 395's with run flat inserts on some 20's, and on dash data plates. Merry Christmas!!!

welldigger

I bought new hood latches, gauge lettering, new dash light assemblies, new reflectors, new shift indicator, master cylinder rebuild kit, light control switch, turn signal control switch, auxiliary switch, dimmer switch, fuel gauge, oil pressure gauge, air pressure gauge, water temp gauge, tachometer, speedometer, battery gauge, glove box door, winch data plate, shifter boot, front brake/driving light brackets, nos instrument panel, double rifle mount, new headlight, wiper blades, on/off data plate, and two sets of "zombie response team" decals. It was a very busy day. LOL. Still up and looking to buy an extra cab and doors, extra hard top, two sets of hmmwv upgrade seats, air tools to run off the deuce compressor, 6 395's with run flat inserts on some 20's, and on dash data plates. Merry Christmas!!!
You sound like me when I sit down and pull out the visa card....

demonhunter77

You sound like me when I sit down and pull out the visa card....
Yeah, i always seem to go overboard with the spending on things i love (according to the wife). I think of it like this, my deuce was made in 1967. This is a preemptive strike against break downs (in case the economy goes in the toilet and i cant afford it later). But if you think this is bad, you should see my bug out supplies. LOL

SteveKuhn

Put a new brake light pressure switch into the air pack after the old one shorted out in a very impressive billow of smoke a couple weeks ago. I know I'm supposed to put in the air-side kit. We'll save that for another Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas to all.

Steve

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I read the document correctly, this is the patent description, in detail, for the Multifuel engine. Very much Deuce-related, I'd say!
Ah....

Now I see it. For some reason I was expecting to see the bigger "whole vehicle" picture, but you are correct - Looks like the Multi-Fuel alright.

Thanks.
John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks