• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well today I checked my radiator and had to add about 2 gallons of water. I also cleaned the street side of my front axle and painted it CARC green #383 I bought from RAPCO. I also sprayed my windshield frame fold-down pivots with some more of the 50% X 50% acetone/ tranny fluid concoction, and where it was rather stiff, I am now able to fold down the windshield and drive as a convertable. I drive my machine EVERY DAY !

pyro1955

I have purchased both PTO units for my truck, will be adding a hydraulic pump to the transfer case PTO, planning on adding dump hoist under existing box, and running aux. hydraulic's to both the front and rear of the truck, never know when it will come in handy. Do not know for sure what i can or will use the Transmission pto for, but thought it would be good to have. I do not have a winch, and where I live even if I get the truck stuck, there is nothing big enough to justify adding a winch.

uriss

this is what I did for my deuce the last two weeks

Had wanted a van and decided to build my own. SUNP0025.JPGSUNP0029.JPG For the floor I painted on rust preventative and then laid down one inch thick foam followed by three quarter inch plywood. The box on top is through bolted to the lower sides. The insides aren't yet finished and will be covered with foam with quarter inch luan mahogahny panel. The back door as well as the soon to be installed side windows come off of a parts winneabago. Leaving the tailgate down will give me room for a 3kw diesel genset which will power the soon to be installed a/c. Many improvements to come.

AceHigh

Do you plan to put the chainfall up there? I think it weighs 200 pounds. Since you already installed the back brace I am thinking you will just use it as is?

Very nice looking install.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Todaty I positioned my bomb hoist into place, measured it out, and drilled holes aand bolted. My helper was my roller chain come along...
1. You positioned your #7 wrecker hoist in place.
2. Trust me when I say you want that hoist as far back as possible-like where the base is literally touching the tailgate. It looks like it has a lot of reach now, but wait until you try to back up to something and pick it up.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Clinto, And I did install it almost right up to the end of the bed. I think I have about 3" left . Well, I do hope to be able to hoist a 803A generator with it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi Clinto, And I did install it almost right up to the end of the bed. I think I have about 3" left . Well, I do hope to be able to hoist a 803A generator with it.
I found that with on mine, with the base maybe 1/4" from the tailgate, I could pick up a deuce bed (perpendicular) and it would almost hang without touching the tailgate.

When I picked up a multifuel, if it was turned sideways it was fine, but as it started to rotate, the trans would hit the tailgate.

Man, if the hoist only had another foot it would be perfect.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
went to ride
Name:Northbound
Date:Jan 4, 2013 9:19 am
Map:
(valid until Jul 3, 2013)
View on Map
Distance:39.9 miles
Elapsed Time:1:16:15
Avg Speed:31.4 mph
Max Speed:48.8 mph
Avg Pace: 1' 54" per mile
Min Altitude:0 ft
Max Altitude:70 ft
Start Time:2013-01-04T14:19:50Z
Start Location:
Latitude:26º 11' 03" N
Longitude:80º 08' 49" W
End Location:
Latitude:26º 40' 51" N
Longitude:80º 09' 29" W

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks