• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

welldigger

Well I have the injector lines on top of the HH soaking in pb blaster. 2 of them are being stubborn. So, hopefully this afternoon I get the HH o-rings replaced and the oil changed. I'm praying that's all of my engine problems at least for now.

I have a3 wheels and just picked up a set of 395 xzl's. My biggest problem with that mess at the moment is getting the run flats out of the tires. After that it should be smooth sailing. After mounting 14.00x20's on a3 wheels these don't seem like a very big deal. We will see I guess.

RobM36A2

Well, I went to the local car meet. There was a dragster demo and a 4x4 demo. The 4x4 guys put me up to do the same as they did. Needless to say I got stuck. The local recovery company is one of our sponsors, so he went to get a recoverytruck and winched me out. (enter-key doesnt work in this box??)
Stuck.jpgwinched out.jpgRecovery truck.jpg
Message to mod: Please edit so it looks ok. Enter key does not work for some reason.

Last edited:

welldigger

Got the o rings replaced in the HH. Everything seems to be holding and no leaks. I'm glad that job is over. I still have a few sets of the o rings if anyone needs them.

dutchguy

Replaced the batteries with a couple of new Interstate 6TL's. Little extra $$, but the battery box is full of lead. New dogbone cable, new mil-spec battery terminals, "re-established" the system (frame) ground location. This thing spins like a top now, I didn't know the multifuel could spin this fast! She's ready to go for the July 4th parade. :D

Rusty nuts

Upgraded my rusty battery box to a newer plastic one. Drew a panel up in cad and cut it out of 1/2" UMHW that I had laying around on the CNC router at my shop. Screwed divider blocks from bottom and bolted the panel in the plastic box. Then built a frame to hold everything in place. I already had group 31 batteries and had read they wouldn't fit in the plastic box, but they do if you replace all the bolts with button head Allen's from the inside.

Attachments

Got a bunch of solar-powered yard lights from a neighbor who felt it was time for a couple new sets outside her house. I promptly stripped them of thier solar panels, broke out my Volt/Ohm Meter, soldering iron, solder, lead wire and double-stick tape. After checking each of the panels in direct sunlight with the meter and doing a little math, I wired 11 panels in-series producing 25.8 Volts in direct sunlight. Next I double-stick taped the panel array to the roof of my deuce, and hooked into my dome light lead going down to the batteries. When the panel is in the sun, my batteries get a trickle-charge.
One minimized LED light assembly (light control circuit, LED, and Ni-Cad battery) went inside a small plastic skull with the single solar panel to charge it right behind as a hood ornament. Pics coming as soon as I get them off my camera.
:driver:

Last edited:

Dipstick

Upgraded my rusty battery box to a newer plastic one. Drew a panel up in cad and cut it out of 1/2" UMHW that I had laying around on the CNC router at my shop. Screwed divider blocks from bottom and bolted the panel in the plastic box. Then built a frame to hold everything in place. I already had group 31 batteries and had read they wouldn't fit in the plastic box, but they do if you replace all the bolts with button head Allen's from the inside.
Clean job. Looks great!

Dipstick

Finally finished installing my new turbo. My test drive in the rain was a success. Especially since my driver's side air wiper decided to work for a change. Not so much for the passenger side.Turbo Install Complete.jpg

RobM36A2

Me and scrambler adjusted the clutch pedal, adjusted the valvetrain, put some grease almost everywhere and took a wheel off for cleaning the mud of from last weekend. Right hand side front wheel had about 2lbs of mud and clay in it, left one was clean.. Steers lighter, runs more smooth, picks up better. Ready for vacation to the UK (war and peace show)

Katahdin

I came home to a flat steering tire on Sunday and had the local Good Year Wingfoot tire shop replace the tube and flap. This tire was originally an unused spare that came with the truck, who knows how old the tube was, so I think the moral of my story is always put new tubes on your steering tires.

You can ignore the dog leash in the picture, the dog had wrapped the leash around the tire a couple times but it had nothing to do with the flat. (We sometimes tie the dog to the deuce)

My wife and I are very fortunate the flat ocurred in our driveway and not on a recent 200 mile road trip!

Attachments

welldigger

Finally finished installing my new turbo. My test drive in the rain was a success. Especially since my driver's side air wiper decided to work for a change. Not so much for the passenger side.View attachment 437779
That truck just keeps getting nicer dip. If you can find a set that doesn't cost your first born, the a3 electric wipers are a vastly superior upgrade to the air wipers.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided to back over my satellite dish. aua

dish.jpg

After picking up all the material for our new pool side deck, I needed to get Queen Lola into the front yard, next to the pool. Tight fit. However, nothing beats loading 12 foot lumber and being able to close the tail gate afterwards!

The Deuce makes a practical on-site material storage and work surface.

deck building material.jpg

Last edited:

noobtankz

Last week some of our club members helped get my deuce ready for the Independence Day parade. We flipped hubs from super single (the way it was when I got it) back to duals, switched all tires to NDTs, checked/changed fluids in all 3 axles, cleaned brakes, repacked front bearings, hit as many grease fittings as we could find, added a pioneer tool rack, spray painted the tires and wheels, spray painted the frame areas behind the wheels... Whew! Then drove in a parade!

Here is the before and after. More pictures here- https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.195604760584651.59739.195578493920611&type=3

Next on the list is to go over the M105 I picked up...

430171_285769301568196_725140369_n.jpg 1004781_289991404479319_1424091122_n.jpg

Last edited:

noobtankz

Tankz- your truck looks great! Really like the look of the dual NDT's. Did you paint the cargo cover? If so what did you use?
Thanks! No paint on the cover- must be different lighting between the two pictures. The truck cover is a vinyl cover from Clark International. The paint I used on the frame was Behr exterior.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks