• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

hunderliggur

Doors are fabric and can be single handed. You can get a M1 in through the doors. The Finance Officer says the civy trailer goes inside this one or another one ;-)

srodocker

Had it get robbed back in july. off my fuel cans*with motor oil* off road recovery supplies, and slave cable with nato adapter. Chain fall with slings. tools. come along. and ect. Had a rally the following day had it decked out. Came home from work and I guess the guy backed into my driveway and helped himself to my stuff.

Besides that I've been driving it to work a couple of times a week on frying oil. muahahhaha

SE Jones

Had it get robbed back in july. off my fuel cans*with motor oil* off road recovery supplies, and slave cable with nato adapter. Chain fall with slings. tools. come along. and ect. Had a rally the following day had it decked out. Came home from work and I guess the guy backed into my driveway and helped himself to my stuff.

Besides that I've been driving it to work a couple of times a week on frying oil. muahahhaha
I hate to hear stories like that! I've got mine as secure as possible... But if they want it bad enough they'll get it. Sorry they got ya.

Kloakndagr

What I did this week

Received three new windows, spin on fuel filter kit (primary & secondary), in process of installing 50 gallon saddle step fuel tank on drivers side (100 gallons total), removed old rusted front windows, getting ready to paint, replaced passenger side fender brace to replace bent brace.

Went to HD and picked up 10 sheets polyiso foam insulation, three sheets of 3/4 plywood and 5 2x4s, and 2x4 metal studs for camper conversion project. Then to top off everything, my official retirement is next month and so for a gift to myself I purchased a brand new colt m-4 carbine! Sweet!

Life is good!

Dipstick

Great Deuce day. My son Dano "The big man" came over to help me install two new Napa batteries in Brutus. We cleaned. De-rusted. Painted. Got it right. Brutus fired right up. We went on a beer and food run. I drove out. Dano drove us back. I call any day with Brutus and my boy Dan the Man a good day.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been in KS for almost two months and finally my Deuce caught up to me. Had it delivered on Thursday and I'm glad it's home.

Attachments

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed one exhaust leak, now have to replace the flexible section (one i bought on ebay seems too short so not sure where to go there yet).
Got the custom tank done for the generator, now we are 100% stand alone.
Fabricated the brackets to locate the water tank up and in front of the tow hitch etc. Fits great in test fitting.
Have to get that on before we put the spare tire carrier below it (Tire is relocated to rear of truck under frame behind wheels).

2013-08-18 19.46.21.jpg

Next step is the box to enclose generator and finish wiring.

Not sure when we can do that, we have an Injured Vets event next weekend.

Kloakndagr

docP..I like your gen setup. Well this week I did....

1. Removed tool box
2. Replaced tool box with 50 gallon saddle step tank
3. Got one window back from the tint shop, will go inside camper mod.
4. Removed stock primary fuel filter, replaced with spin on conversion (sweet set up)
5. Removed stock secondary fuel filter, replaced with spin on conversion, easier than primary!
6. Removed old stock front windows, have new glass, waiting till paint job is done before install.
7. Removed spare tire to allow for aux tank install. (100 gallons fuel total).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks