• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Darwin T

Had the leaking head gasket replaced on Corporal Lifton Tote. Then I put 2 new tires on the front and ordered a new horn button kit as his had a short to ground that kept running down the batteries.

Replaced both wind shields on Sergeant Ike Stormwater.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
heres a few, my yard sale pic is a few weeks old, but I wanted to share my creative marketing ideas lol The recovery job was last Saturday.
this truck in the pics has been stuck since about October. the knuckleheads couldnt leave well enough alone and broke the rear end trying to beat it out of the hole. its a 4x4 but with the banana peel front steer tires it really didn't help at all. I got it out, and if I can figure out how to post the vid from my phone it will be in here also. After it came out, the rear end locked up and since the mulch field is all wet underneath, it dug itself in worse when i tried to drag it. I told the guys mechanic to pop the axle shafts for us and Im goin back next weekend to pull it out the rest of the way. the door said it was 26K gvw. I also blew apart one snatch block, but it was some old unit and not a military one. so if anybody has a mil snatch block, pm me, I need one more for next week haha
283846_4668436438641_1792579529_n.jpg1146447_653653121320784_1746921838_n.jpg1184954_653654357987327_575102327_n.jpg
I was holding the brakes and winching and this happened. once we tied a dually and a little 12k lb mini excavator to it there was no more movement on the business end of the winch haha
1186026_653653651320731_1829790858_n.jpg

Last edited:

tankie88

Replaced front L/H axle seal,replaced both front flex brake pipes,New locking ring front L/H bearing.New J pipe arrived now awaiting 2 gaskets.Replaced tank sender unit.New horn button kit fitted.

srodocker

Had my brother come over and found I have wires that ripped apart and new some new hoses. Also finally moved my m105 camper to the backyard next to the fuel trailer...wohoo!

Captaincarrier

Moved the truck from the warehouse to the house. Remover the mushroom from the air cleaner, going to figure a way to quick disconnect that instead of wrenching. Started sanding the cab for first coat, dropped the flat spare tire for the first time (found it full of water). Removed the jerry can holder from driver side.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the weekend ended up a little different. Went to the start of an Injured Soldier event and setup Gertrude with all the machine guns etc... riders went off to their ride and i packed up to head to the other end..... when i saw during my pre-drive walk around a new puddle. It was diesel and coming out slowly from up by the transfer pump area. Being only A few miles from store i drove there, where we discovered both little plastic pipes were leaking due to rubbing together.

Instead of having a leaky truck among hundreds of people at the end i had to limp her home and we spent the next day repairing (we actually had the exact replacement parts on hand) but they are a bear to get in place.

That was it really, just picked up a few things for our hunting trip next weekend in the truck.

mjtracy

Replace rear main seal and bearing carrier gasket this weekend. Thanks to all the past posts on this site for doing this job, it was a non event. Have lots of pictures if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what a chore pulled cable out of winch and cleaned and respool. I don"t think I want to do that again for awhile.

Heavysteven

Broke down on 140 near Canton last night on the way to fureworks. Smoke in the cab and fuel all over the engine. Flame heater pump cracked. Had to cut the supply line and plug it. Made it to the there and back no problems. Glad it did not catch on fire though.

Hainebd

Install remote air tank drains. While down there I see I have 3 rear wheel seals leaking. Does it ever end. Win B-52 tire dolly with hopes of it working on the Deuce. It will with some small mods. I am so glade I won it. The thought of pulling all the tires again hurts my back. I am running 11.00-20 NDT Tactical 12 ply. Not the wimpy 9.00-20. I can pick a 9.00-20 up no problem, the 11.00s kill me. I add pics tommorow. Rained hard today.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went out for opening day of dove season in Ohio. Took Gertrude out and stayed in her the evening before, all nice and air conditioned, generator ran flawlessly, and had hot coffee at 4am when we went out to get in place. Really only thing she needed was a little (read several quarts) of oil.

This weekend will be the big Cops and Kids event we do, so we have to switch from camper to display setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks