• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a night.

Mounted the new water tank hidden up in the chassis under the back of the box, will fit the pump etc later this week.

Once the tank was mounted then came the mount for the spare tire. (Generator and its fuel tank are where tire usually sits). Was a bear but the tire is up and mounted back there now.

2013-10-22 20.04.21.jpg2013-10-22 22.58.10.jpg2013-10-22 22.58.30.jpg2013-10-22 23.00.17.jpg

mjcdetroit

Installed a [faulty] block heater. It was leaking from the electrical prongs. So took it out and send it back and I am waiting for the replacement to arrive.

installed a new on/off (auxiliary) switch; still need to reattach battery cables and test it.

Filtered about 11 U.S. gallons of waste motor oil through 50, 10, and 1 micron filters (with about 2 1/2 gal. of diesel) and dumped most of it in the tank; about a quart got all over the driveway---oops.

Seth_O

Filtered about 11 U.S. gallons of waste motor oil through 50, 10, and 1 micron filters (with about 2 1/2 gal. of diesel) and dumped most of it in the tank; about a quart got all over the driveway---oops.
I tend to filter 30-40ga at a time because of my setup. It was my 3rd or 4th attempt at filtering before I was able to to it without losing at least a quart all over the ground. :(.

Dipstick

Finishing up a locking console made from the original driver seat box and top cut from passenger seat back. The lock is a mailbox lock from the big blue hardware store. I mounted the 24V to 12V converter. More to follow.
:driver:
Nice work! I like your converter better than mine. I went cheap and got one without a terminal strip. Mine came with four puny/short/tiny gauge wire leads. Works though. Should've spent more.

RobM36A2

Did a walk around my M36, checking for sunday. There is a possibility we are going to an offroad weekend.
Sadly we are not allowed on the routes, too big they say, only on the main grounds, so I expect just a little humps and bumps, just like the circuit a while back.

VP17IFT

Locking console continued

Dipstick, I got my converter from Amazon for 36 bucks, it is a 720 watt unit from PYLE audio (PSWNV720) 30 amp surge 15 amp continuous and they are still available under 40 bucks (barely).:lol: The next addition is a 2 meter ham radio, power switch for the converter and a terminal block for other power connections

Attachments

VP17IFT

The currents are on the input side, I don't plan on running anything 12V that requires a lot of current mainly for cell phone charger, GPS anything else will be 24V.

HanksDeuce

What did I do to my deuce this week? I kept cussing at it!

My deuce is resisting the Cummins 5.9L + Allison AT545 swap every step of the way.

Just when something looks easy I get pushed 2 steps back. It WILL go in and function. Oh yes...

sandcobra164

My Deuce is fine. I helped a friend finish his rear main, clutch install and clutch adjustment on his. We also replaced a U joint in the jack shaft and installed it between the transmission and transfer. Does anyone know why it's referred to as a "jack shaft"? It really is a question and I'm not being a smart guy, I'm just curious and love little tidbits of info like that. We also ran vent lines for the axles, transfer and transmission and got rid of the old spring loaded breathers. Having no bed on the truck made that job a little easier. I plan on doing the same thing to my truck tomorrow.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
October 26, 2013:

In the past few days The ARK got some rattle-can paint touch up (the cheap Krylon stuff was dusting off - so it got some more) in preparation for supporting the USMC's Toys For Tots at the San Angelo Roping Fiesta.

Basically, the mission was to fly the US Flag and TFT Banners while cruisng the parking lots of the Colliseum, Fairgrounds, and the (indoor and outdoor) Roping Arenas to promote the toy drop-boxes and ammo-can cash donation points that the Marines were manning indoors and at the gates.

Had beautiful weather and even got some suntan 8)

2013-10-26 Toys For Tots at San Angelo Roping Fiesta 016.jpg2013-10-26 Toys For Tots at San Angelo Roping Fiesta 017.jpg

Rusty nuts

Well about a week ago I snapped a stub axle. Finally had time to tear into it today, what would usually take about an hour to take apart took 4 hours to tear down one side. First you can see the hub cover was pushed out where the stub was pushed into it. Opened the hub up and see the chunks between the axle and cover chewed up the end of the spindle so bad that it is junk and had to cut the nuts and lockplate off. Even after grinding off the end of the spindle, I could not get the bearing or hub off, even tried a pulled but it would not budge. Checked the spindle OD and it had actually been expanded by chunks of axle between the stub and spindle bore......so out came the plasma. Cut the end of the spind off and finally got the bearing and hub off but can't get spindle off of the stub axle. The other side should be a piece a cake after this one. She is going to get the full treatment of new bearings, seals and brakes....wish I could afford some lockouts now.

Attachments

Kloakndagr

Finished painting the cab olive drab, installed new air filter indicator, installed firing strips inside of camper. Removed cab inspection covers so that I can spray Raptor tintable (olive drab) bedliner inside of cab floor, and the covers separately.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Long weekend.

New wipers and brake fluid reservoir thanks to Real Custom Trucks. Both work great.

Fixed drafty rear of cab, fitted new felt seals to window, fluid checked the diffs.

Started install of full RV style water system, tank done last week, now for city water Inlet , all the one way valves and bypass etc. Mocked it all up, so should be fitting pump and rest this week.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh and camped in her at a friends wedding, had to have a secure location for all the machine guns after they were used at reception :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks