• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

m3a1

Your post is very clever but, no mea culpa. I think it was very clear that I was only pulling the truck forward out of it's parking space, rather than going out on the road. Things are rather cramped around my place and working on it requires a short move from gravel to concrete.

Your post implies that I am some kind of Yahoo with a big truck, willing to throw caution to the wind. Among other things, I'm a retired 30-year LEO (and most of it a traffic cop and DOT inspector) and my mil-vehicles are 100% or they don't go on the road.

To clarify to other readers, this truck came from GL running, and stopping and was driven to my residence. Over the course of the last five years I have been in Afghanistan. Thus, the truck sat there doing nothing and it is only now that I am preparing it for parade use.

VP17IFT

I installed the console I've been working on for the last couple of weeks and hooked up power. I just lucked out on the location where I mounted the 2 meter radio so that it clears the T-case shift lever. Now I have to mount a 2 meter antenna.:cool:

Attachments

Greywolf54

I built the 12 volt alternator bracket and installed it on my M35A2 Saturday and Sunday. I had trouble with the auto parts place…of course! They couldn’t cross any of the numbers! As it turns out they had the Gates 6855 in stock. I had to take it back and ask for a shorter one, which turned out to be a 6854. I asked the one guy if he knew that the last digits indicated the length…said he did! The 55 inch was too long it let the alternator hit the radiator support bracket, think I saw that in another post too. Installing the radio gear will be next. Thanks to 59apache on this thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?56451-2nd-alternator-12V&highlight=12+volt

wilfreeman

FINALLY got it insured, registered and tagged. Insurance was a pain to get - finally went through Gulfway (Travellers Ins.). It was a pain with all of the paperwork and calling every day, but it is done for this year. Taxes were $17. I did a 20,000# weighted tag (deuce will be bobbed, so I figured this was enough) for $130/yr. Now to get a little seat time and deliver her to my brother's body shop to be bobbed.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fitted an antenna and access point so now she is a mobile WiFi access point. Another antenna on box for FM. Next week she gets an Omni for the TV.

Jeff Nelson

Finally got a chance to work on "Moose", my 69 KJ M35A2. Went to pull the seats so I could install a rebuilt springer and found that AZvarmit had removed the bed and sold it for me. So now I'm committed to my bobber project. By the way, I need to pass on that AZvarmit (Bill) and CastleBravo (Matt) are two of the best guys I've had the pleasure to know. It's their fault I'm in this hobby.:wink:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed new drivers door pins , R&R and painted the mirror brackets , and installed my new nifty LOCKING door handles . Just about done for winter .

Hainebd

Installed remote brake ressovar. Replaced one wheel cylinder and set of brake shoes. Found and repaired coolant leak at oil cooler. Bled brakes and rechecked for leaks, none. Took ride with neighbor hood. Ordered new exhaust elbow out of turbo. Drove to doctors, man she runs good. Inspected tire chains.

weld88

Well fixed my horn button crazy thing too, when I bought my truck it was missing the horn button so I was looking on the net to try and find one, then I go under my truck to inspect the air pack and behold there my horn button laid on the dang frame rail!! Could have been there for years and not known it. Also fixed my flame injector was leaking fuel and now fixing to rebuild my air pack.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced manual washer setup with a generic electric one, had to have a way to wash screen when splashed etc..

Added more inside lights. Found a leak around roof hatch, need to seal that.

Fitted a freeze plug.

GIRobert

Working on Christmas present for my deuce by sanding/repainting the bows and metal bow connectors. Hope to get rear bench seats painted soon. Just got the truck and it needs some TLC - GIRobert

Hainebd

Took Brutus sledding. Well he pulled the kids around on sleds. He had fun in 6 inches of snow with 3 sleds in tow and bunch of people in bed. Low range 2nd gear was fast enough to lose a couple in the turns. Drove 1/4 mile and kids were cold so in the cab with heat blasted I had 5 young ones and all the big boys and girls got to play.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks