• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Kloakndagr

Primed my "zombie" window coverings, installed 1 of 4 antenna mounts, 1x3 metal studs installed for furring strips in camper, installed awing over "navy" passage door, mounted yellow strobe beacon on mounted antenna mount. Will paint navy door in the morning, as well as the "zombie" window coverings.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
100_1156.jpg100_1157.jpgPicked up my winch and frame extensions so I can install the winch , soon as the weather clears . I plan on installing one of the 24 volt Warn winch's , appears to be a pretty hefty unit . For ME the 24 volt is the way to go and I got some real good info using the search function on this site .

XchaosX

Rtk, from what I've seen a few guys do installing these 24v winches on this site is getting them to fit on without the frame extensions. I've also have a warn 24v 18000 military winch. I want install mine in the rear of the truck.

Dipstick

I'm fantasizing about a Warn 18,000 and bumper extension myself If I get a good tax refund. I wish the Warn's motor was on the same side as the batteries on an M35. Less cable equals less resistance and less mess.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda walked into the winch , happened to hit GL on Black Friday , got 40% off the list price , could not pass it up . I measured the winch and frame and probably have to add a few inch's to the frame , then plan on a 3/8" steel plate between the rails . The kit came with a fair-lead roller , not sure how I will rig that up to the bumper , but will shall see as time goes on . As far as electric I plan on #2 cable to the batteries , about 7-8 ft. each leg , just not sure about a master switch on the ground side , just as a safety . More fun on the green trucks LOL , Bob k

welldigger

Finally finished getting my injector pump reinstalled. She fired right up. Now to finish flushing the cooling system and that entire project is done.

welldigger

Sweet! Glad to hear you got her done!
Thanks man. The worst part of the whole project was installing 6 new injector lines. Since they were bent in the vague shape of the old ones it took about an hour of tweeking each line to make them fit.

The next worst part was dealing with one of my local parts stores trying to get a set of belts. They had no idea how to measure a belt nor did they have a clue what a matched set was. They guy kept asking what they were for so he could look it up. Needless to say the deuce is not in the o'reily auto parts computer.

g2065g

dirty?

I cleaned up the hub/drum today. Didn't get to the pads or the little bit on the housing. The hub/drum cleaning was enough. It was pretty bad. I didn't take them all the way apart. Didn't seem necessary. Cleaned up nice though.

IMG_2717.jpgIMG_2724.jpgIMG_2720.jpgIMG_2719.jpgIMG_2718.jpgIMG_2723.jpgIMG_2722.jpgIMG_2725.jpgIMG_2726.jpgIMG_2727.jpg

Last edited:

g2065g

I put my new fuel line in. It does not line up with the support bracket or the smaller one off the engine so I will have to figure out some way to support it I suppose. But it doesn't leak anymore! My phone died as usual taking pictures so no pics of the supports. I thought it would be bent the same or close to the old one but not really.

IMG_2728.jpg

Last edited:

welldigger

I finally got tired of tripping over my muffler laying on my shop floor. So I installed it today. It's an aero turbine 3535. I must say that I am quite impressed with how quiet my truck is now. I can hear my "D" turbo spool up and whistle. Now to get the stack and muffler powder coated flat black. The chrome look must go.

Attachments

Last edited:

brianp454

My truck had the same issue with the vend not hooking up to the master cylinder. I used a NAPA 204-3 to replace the broken fitting. If you haven't done it already, I highly recommend bleeding the brakes out.
M35A2 Master Cylinder Vent 90 Degree Fitting.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welldigger,
Thinking of replacing a "C" turbo with "D" unit. Any performance improvement felt other than no loud whistle? Plug and play? or was there any fit issues?
JC

welldigger

Well you can only hear a slight whistle while cruising. No whistle at idle. I don't think my phone recording the sound would really do it justice. In fact at idle its pretty quiet compared to without it. The size is nice too. It fits perfectly between the fender and the stack brace. Which I used as the upper clamp. Now the upper portion of the stack does wiggle a bit. I'm going to take it to a muffler shop and have them weld it up for me. I'm going to leave the bottom clamped. Its solid.

I highly recommend this muffler. Its a flow through design so egt's will be minimally affected. Its also 100% stainless steel construction so it will never rust or wear out. No packing either. Including shipping and one exhaust clamp I have about $100 in the setup.

welldigger

Welldigger,
Thinking of replacing a "C" turbo with "D" unit. Any performance improvement felt other than no loud whistle? Plug and play? or was there any fit issues?
JC
O I have no idea if there is really any performance increase with a d turbo. My truck already had the d turbo. I just installed the muffler which worked so well I can hear the turbo now over the exhaust noise. The slight whistle isn't annoying at all. Its just loud enough that you can tell a turbo is there.

One more thing about the muffler. I used the aero turbine 3535. They also make the 3535xl. It has a built in resonater which would make it even quieter. Its also about 6" longer so you may could squeeze it in the way I mounted mine. Maybe not. I'm happy with the model I chose. Very noticeable sound reduction. When I insulate my cab I may can talk to someone while driving. We will see when I get to that point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks