• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Kloakndagr

Ok correction....

image.jpg
So, here's my zombie proof generator box, custom built by Secret Squarrel, there's even a 12 volt electric radiator fan mounted on top to aid in cooling. This holds two honda eu2000i generators side by side, each roll out independently for service. Once mounted, sound insulation and paint to match the Black Mesa Research Vehicle.

Last edited:
View attachment 527473
So, here's my zombie proof generator box, custom built by Secret Squarrel, there's even a 12 volt electric radiator fan mounted on top to aid in cooling. This holds two honda eu2000i generators side by side, each roll out independently for service. Once mounted, sound insulation and paint to match the Black Mesa Research Vehicle.
Great! Now I want to go home and play Half Life!

Kloakndagr

No it's a decal, the guy I purchased it from isn't responding to my emails, he's on this site -- I'll take my business elsewhere, he's not the only gig in town. I just wanted to spend my $$$ with members on this site. No biggie.

Kloakndagr

Exactly why I did it, I saw the Black Mesa decal on a pinz from a member here, looked totally cool. Gotta be different. Even the windows have zombie covers and the rear door is from the US Navy ship that "disposed" of a certain terrorists body. Secret Squirrel #2 has some pretty good contacts.
image.jpg

Attachments

TsgtB

I took out the passenger seat, got the floor access covers off, took off the front of the short drive shaft, ordered my mechanical lift, should be here Friday by 9am...

Since I don't have the heads on (no lift points)... I'm just going to strap lift it best I can out of the hole.

AvrgJoe

Still being pretty new to the whole Deuce MV world I learned the hard way that the braking system on the M35A2 trucks are a little lacking. Never really gave much thought to the brakes before, they worked good when I got the truck.... Never thought much about it untill my brake pedal went all the way to the floor Sat. morning when I tried to stop a 13,000 lb truck! Since Sat. I have learned a lot about the brake system.... the pitfalls of a single resivor master cylinder, how expensive DOT 5 Brake fluid is.... and so on. I have 1 maybe 2 wheel cylinders leaking so I ended up being low on fluid. I have bled all 6 corners and ordered 6 new wheel cylinder RB kits for all 6 wheels. All in all, All well that ends well.... it was a lititle but puckering though when I hit the brakes Sat. morning.

Living and learning about MVs

Pugsley

Put my winter front on and went for a drive. My truck does not have any clips or holes for the springs, but with 2 springs on the driver side and one on the passenger side and some of the large shoelace things wrapped around the bracing and back through the holes it seems firmly mounted. Was able to drive around with the front flap closed and it didn't overheat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks