• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

Since I was still alive, I sprayed soapy water around the bead on both sides and valve stem to check for obvious air leaks. I didn't see any.

I left it overnight with the chains on, aired to 50 psi and we'll see how well it holds.
Always a big help for completing any project.

Last edited:

jbayer

LED BULBS.jpgInstalled LED bulbs in the top two bulb locations, both front and back, for the turn signals/parking lights, and brake lights/ tail lights. Just a little brighter, but definitly light up faster, as in the turn signals/ brake lights are instant full on.

Another Ahab

Today i put my summer air back in my tires. Added 2 quarts of oil. Last time I added any oil was August last year.
Maybe it's not CO2 after all. Maybe the whole climate change phenomenon is because:

- Some folks have just been mixing their summer air with their winter air

And it's throwing the whole world off! Eureka!!

RobM36A2

Well, got the news the buyer of my M36 got home safely.
He said the truck performed great, and after 1000 km, with 350 km to go, everything was just warmed up and it ran at its best.
I had the tank still 3/4 full with black fuel, after every fuel stop with normal diesel, it started running stronger and stronger.
Must say it was cold, so the black stuff was a little thicker. He had some clutch problems, but solved it by using brake cleaner and letting the inspection cover off.
The truck was spilling a little oil on the clutch plate, so the oil could drain via the cover.

Most important is: He got home safe and sound, without any big trouble.

The new owners:
IMG_2313.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
San Angelo, Texas, USA.

"What did you do to your deuce this week?"

Well, west Texas has been blessed with some moisture and this winter winds down into spring and the fresh crop of spring weeds and grass varieties has sprouted well and healthy. I had already mowed once last week, but this morning I mowed again and thn spread some fertilizer/weed control stuff, while zigging and zagging in and around and even under the motorpool in the backyard. With the Deuce, 26' Van Trailer and the M-105 with the canned engine in its bed there's plenty of wiggling to be done with both the mower and the spreader. Fortunately, the 5 canine Soldier B's were there to "assist". HAHAHA. Yeah - right!

So that's what I did "to" our deuce.

Carry on.

red

Removed the stock fuel filter assemblies and bypassed the FDC. Once the new drill gets here I can finish up the spin on filter mounts and plumb it all back up.

Ordered an HX35 turbo for testing along with the exhaust parts to plumb it in.

Hainebd

I wish I could get to Brute. Poor guy is surrounded by water from snow melt and rain. I get the boat out after I get back from Gimpyrobbs with my fender and get mounted. As I have the fender off I plan on fuel line replacement, good wiring check out. If he is not under by then. No I don't have fording kit on.

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is kipmans farm? and what toys does he have to sell? I must get rid of my childrens inheritance. ha ha Looks like they have trailers,I need one Thanks

jasonjc

I powered washed the moss off my M109A3 and changed the oil and filters. Use Dlevac with the rebate:D. Need to finish the greasing and change the oil in the trans.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am slowly still servicing the front axle.
I ordered new tie-rod ball rubber cover (and super glad I did too!) while I still had it apart. (the old rubber cuber is seen sitting upside down on the knuckle on the right)
2015-03-14 12.34.43.jpg

But then I just spent over 4 hours and two trips to Ace Hardware to get the tie-rod bolted back to the passenger side knuckle. The thread on the ball was mushroomed or something and no matter what I couldn't get the original castle nut to thread back on, and the tie-rod ball would just spin - even though I had it clamped as tight as I could with 2 vice grips (it was so tight it flattened their teeth =/ ) - And two more hand clamps to help keep the vice grips in place since the ball shaft was tapered and the clamps would slip upwards.

The shenanigans:
2015-03-14 16.23.25.jpg

However, I could get a new grade 8 nut to thread on, mostly, (after repeated thread on/off to cut its way in) before the ball would spin in the vice grips. I turned the new nut into a castle nut via my hand grinder. With the help of Mr. Impact, I ran him on far enough before the ball would spin. But then had to take the nut back off and enlarge the crenellations.
2015-03-14 16.58.47.jpg2015-03-14 17.05.25.jpg2015-03-14 17.08.47.jpg2015-03-14 17.35.16.jpg

And started taking apart the front driver's side. Its wheel (brake) cylinder looked awesome on the inside (like new):
2015-03-14 18.20.56 HDR.jpg
But I still ran the honer up and down it a few times just to be sure.

Compared to the passenger side, I can tell the driver's side leak is much worse as the crease is even more oily, and there's actually less grease. I am super glad I'm doing the axle service. Pooped, but glad.
2015-03-14 19.10.26.jpg2015-03-14 19.37.45.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks