• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Don't you realize that the military designed all those nooks and crannies to be able to grow all that natural moss as camouflage ! Now look what you've done, you've ruined all that by cleaning it up ! LOL :)
There's still quite a bit left, I ran out of quarters. Haha

As for today, I pulled the gauge panel and started trying to figure out what's wrong with my fuel gauge. Found some helpful posts on the subject and found that I'm getting 24v at the gauge, but im a noob with the multimeter and am having trouble figuring out ohms readings. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. I'm also having a charging issue and I think I've diagnosed the problem. I'm getting 0 V (or maybe 4 V it's really late) through my exciter wire at the connector on the alt end.

red

Little over a week ago but the latest update with mine.

Dragged it to the temporary resting site until I find a engine/trans to swap in. Motor decided to completely give out and lock up while going down hill, fried the clutch with it.

IMG_20150525_144227829.jpg

IMG_20150525_144306172.jpg

IMG_20150525_144254780.jpg

Another Ahab

Little over a week ago but the latest update with mine.

Dragged it to the temporary resting site until I find a engine/trans to swap in. Motor decided to completely give out and lock up while going down hill, fried the clutch with it.

View attachment 562940
Sorry to hear about the damage; but, man that is a pretty spot!

I bet the night sky there is absolutely unbelievable (i'm a city kid here, you see; you can practically count the stars on two hands).

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Red, that sucks. It is one thing doing an engine swap because you WANT to, a lot less fun is doing it because you have to. Time for an LDS?

red

Sorry to hear about the damage; but, man that is a pretty spot!

I bet the night sky there is absolutely unbelievable (i'm a city kid here, you see; you can practically count the stars on two hands).
It is a great spot for the outdoors! Camping, hiking, trails for horse/dirtbike/atv/rock crawlers all over the place and usually great snow sports as well.

Agreed cattlerepairman, was not planning to do an engine and probably trans swap for at least another year, probably 2-3. I want to go with a drivetrain that is more reliable and easier to get parts for without shipping, so looking at a 5.9 Cummins, Duramax, or DT466 for the engine. Depending on which one I find for a good price when I have the money.

According to the odometer the LDT lasted to 44k miles, would have lasted longer if I had replaced the injectors instead of pushing them that last 100 miles. The trans might be ok, the clutch is done for certain. Could feel the rivets digging into the flywheel I burnt the clutch so bad keeping the truck slow/controlled going down that 8% grade. Never got over 30mph going down, but there was a lot of cussing trying to get the truck stopped at the bottom of the hill!!!

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
I gave mine a bath on Friday, then took it to a truck show to benefit the local SPCA humane society for dogs on Saturday. People were encouraged to bring their dogs to the show, so I set up an old Lister bag off the side of my clothing repair trailer with water bowls for the dogs that were there. The SPCA officers really liked the Lister bag setup.
11113820_553371841467246_1121167667323066361_n.jpg

Another Ahab

I gave mine a bath on Friday, then took it to a truck show to benefit the local SPCA humane society for dogs on Saturday. People were encouraged to bring their dogs to the show, so I set up an old Lister bag off the side of my clothing repair trailer with water bowls for the dogs that were there. The SPCA officers really liked the Lister bag setup.
View attachment 563080
I really like your boarding ladder, MUDLORD. That's great set-up. [thumbzup]

These are Pelican 120 Kayaks my elcheapo ones I take out when the cricks are low, drug bottom a few times that day. we decided to turn around after rounding a bend and seeing some ominous clouds, shortly after we got the stowed on the truck it started with rain/ and lightning. I did not know what a Folbot was until I googled it, going to have to do some more research now lol...

dslucas

Finished flushing what looked like cold beef gravy from my entire brake system from MC on back, and all wheel cylinders. Had to bleed after installing new air pack. Also installed a new 24v blower motor so I'd have heat this winter. Checked oil and radiator.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
tested compression on my M185A3, only 225PSI on cylinder 5, and 250PSI on cylinder 6.When I added some marvel Mystery Oil it went past 400PSI. I guess I shall have to do a ring job...God help me!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks