• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

TDM

I rebuilt an airpack and had my10 year son helped me bleed it. (fun times) Also installed dust boots and weather stripping around windshield. Almost forgot new soft top.

orrisd4

got a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder , can finish up the frame cleanup before her new body goes on .

also pulled the hubs off to check before i did a complete rebuild , they were overhauled in 85, nothing needed replaced except the lines

FloridaAKM

In between the rain showers, I managed to get power hooked to the backup lights I got from Clinto & Clintogf back @ the Mt Dora show in central Florida. To boot, also got power hooked up to the 12 power ports that supply the cell phone charger & a dash camera set up. Tomorrow is the 150 year celebration of the company I work for, so I want the Deuce to be there to make them go ????????? ;-)

fpchief

Cab ready to be taped off. Seats are ready too. Heat index too high now. Family time. Need to order seat covers if i can find who it was that has them cheap

18operator

Took apart rear brakes, shoes and wheel cylinders in great shape. Shoes are at 95%. Wheel cylinders clean and dry (even behind the rubber caps).
Inspected and greased bearings, replaced seals and put new axle flange gaskets on. Also a brake shoe adjustment. And to finish up, I'm painting the rims to match the truck.
Next week I'll tackle the front axle!

Carl_in_NH

Drove mine to the Weare Rally and back this week. While that's not a big deal in terms of miles, it was good to run it a little harder on some stretches of two-lane road instead of just around town. It needs a good drive now and then.

I used my Deuce to haul 4 cubic yards of stone on Saturday, well I paid for 4 yards but probably closer to 3 1/2. I was surprised that with all that weight That the performance was not hindered much. The new brakes stopped the truck well and the engine pulled just fine. I finally had a reasons to use first gear out on the road. The new pinion bearings solved the vibration problem I was having. I didn't have the stamina to shovel all that stone. Maybe some day I can make it into a dump bed.

brianp454

Would like to know about your vibration problem and fix.

-Brian

I used my Deuce to haul 4 cubic yards of stone on Saturday, well I paid for 4 yards but probably closer to 3 1/2. I was surprised that with all that weight That the performance was not hindered much. The new brakes stopped the truck well and the engine pulled just fine. I finally had a reasons to use first gear out on the road. The new pinion bearings solved the vibration problem I was having. I didn't have the stamina to shovel all that stone. Maybe some day I can make it into a dump bed.

brianp454

I've had a couple brake leak issues and want to make sure they are fixed. I used oil eater cleaner and a scrub brush on the inside of all 6 tires and then pressure washed them. Now that they are nice and clean I'll watch closely for leaks.

I've also had a leak that seems to be coming from the oil filters or perhaps the rear seal. I Gunked the engine and pressure washed it as well as possible also. Will watch it closely. Hope it's not the rear seal...

I have 365/80R20 MRAP wheels and lowered the rear tire pressure to 35psi. The outer inch or so of the tread still does not contact the road, so I'll drop to 32 and see what happens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks