• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

Can you grind them off and then punch them out....?
If you punch them out you will destroy the "captive nut". The bolts are 3/8" fine thread. So when they get rusty you have a lot of threads to "unrust" ! I would try some "PBS" spray or better yet "Evapo-Rust" . Just pour some out around the bolts and leave it for a day.

bosephjarrows

Did an oil change.. Only got about 2 gallons out of it. Every time I checked the oil it was high on the stick then I realized it says check 1 minute after running.. Also changed the exhaust stack from short chrome to a taller one. IMG_20150814_134747727_HDR.jpgIMG_20150814_134747727_HDR.jpg

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
windshield wipers air supply

Removed the windshield wiper air supply valve and replaced two times. Heater vent controls and engine pre-heater controls ALL in the way. Like I said, 2 times.
She with scary socks went back to work, left me again.

Upside down and backwards is lots more difficult with the consequences of age. So when you get ready to replace the fasteners one finds One can't get the head around far enough to see thru the bifocals! Like being useless.
But I was actually just finishing the job of the remote reservoir sight-glass I wanted.

IMG_6585.jpgIMG_6586.jpgIMG_6588.jpgIMG_6589.jpgIMG_6590.jpg

socks IMG_6446.jpg

SteveKuhn

"...Upside down and backwards is lots more difficult with the consequences of age..."

Similar syndrome to replacing the air pressure gauge feed hose. Even with the passenger seat out, soft top untied and up, and feet against the headache rack.

Steve

rustystud

"...Upside down and backwards is lots more difficult with the consequences of age..."

Similar syndrome to replacing the air pressure gauge feed hose. Even with the passenger seat out, soft top untied and up, and feet against the headache rack.

Steve
You must learn to become "one" with the truck ! Then and only then can one achieve success ! rofl

SRB1976

Had the local tire shop swap the worn out left front tire for the brand new spare and ordered a brand new tire for the right front. The rear tires are still good. I'm starting to eliminate the leaky CTIS components from each wheel.

IMG_20150813_141500145.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks