• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

FarmerRob

You no doubt feel the pain, but hope it makes you feel better that I've seen radiators that almost looked in OPPOSITE shape (a small patch of UN-crushed fins) that were still operational (but obviously not at top efficiency).
If it was 46 years old, damaged and operational, I'd be ecstatic. But this one is brand new with zero miles on it. Such is life...

rustystud

Wondering if there's ever a reason NOT to do this:

-Anything negative about this "trick", rusty stud?
I would only use it on an engine that is on it's last legs and your trying to keep it alive a little longer. If your engine is smoking real bad due to the piston oil rings being clogged up it can do a pretty good job of cleaning them up. It "can" also cause some severe damage to the bearings and cam, as it can literally "clean up" the engine oil from the bearings and cam surfaces .That's why it's called the "poor mans engine cleaner" . If your going to be rebuilding the engine it works great to help "preclean" it.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Well it was a nice day out here so in preparation for my new toy arriving end of next week (hopefully no more delays) I washed my spare wheels for it.

I even have what must be an original type for the M35 as its Riveted.

Before:

PIC_0077.jpg PIC_0079.jpg PIC_0078.jpg

After washing:

PIC_0080.jpg PIC_0081.jpg
PIC_0082.jpg

All of the wheels except for the one that's riveted are made in Canada and dated mid 86 and are as new despite some scratches.

Aussie.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks