• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hitman, did you completely remove old metal ? And did the plywood on top of the 1/4 steel level out with the wheel wells?

18operator

Blew a front rigid brake line, luckily I was still in the barn with the truck. Replaced the line and bled the brakes all the way around. Ready to roll!

Hitman

that's why its a good thing to look under the m109A3 box real good and poke it some to see if its gone. My truck is a 1965

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I continued the harness repair to my M35A2 , truck #3. After proving that voltage was present at the STARTER SWITCH inlet , and where jumping the switch did not energize the magnetic starter relay, I ran a parallel conductor from the start button outlet to the magnetic starter relay , terminal D. Turned on the MASTER SWITCH, and pressed the buton EURICA ! Its cranking !Next, i shall check the fuel system....

RaggedyMan

Didn't get to work on "Jules" this week as much as I like but got a few things accomplished

1)Insulated the driver side firewall, waiting to finish heater installation to do psgr side

2)Installed new rubber headlight fasteners

3)Got the remote brake reservoir mounted but waiting on ordered fittings to put it all together. Running a hard line from mc up to firewall and install valve and quick connect for power bleeder on the firewall.

4)Installed new batteries. Oddly the two 31 series batteries didn’t want to fit in the battery box, had to reverse the 12 bolts that hold the locking handles on as the threaded portion sticking out into the box wouldn't allow the batteries to fit, still a tight fit and they won’t sit flat in the bottom wanting to “lean” into each other.

5)"Mostly" installed an M151 heater but that's in a different post.

TsgtB

I found out that safety wire SHOULD be used on the bridge holding the fuel rod in place...
it only took about 40 miles to vibrate loose.
Shut down handle had no effect. Had to stall it out in 5th to get it to shut down. Good Time..!
There was no response to the gas pedal, RPM just went up and down on its own.... (never went over 2000)
Ended up going to a "craft store" to fine suitable (small enough) safety wire.
Started up and ran and shut down good, until it started that shuttering stalling stuff again.
I replaced the primary filter (spin on) since i had one...
Still tries to stall every few minutes. So, i sat in it for a while and alternated RPM and revved it a little,
seemed to have good pedal response... but would still stutter here and there.
Plan to adjust idle up a little, (750 or so now) and order fresh secondaries.
Reading up on stalling issues.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I sense my primary 3 micron primary fuel filter is becoming low potential flow due to gauge indications. I need to use its full filter potential before I renew it. Made a direct dump back to tank, useful as the hose output can be swished around the tank bottom to stir up contents. For normal running it gets capped off. Will attempt to measure GPH flow, {decrease} as filter plugs, then again with new filter. Want to know how long 50 gallons of fuel once thru will be.
pictures for the General
View attachment 585799View attachment 585798
I needed to check the filter thruput so it does 32 seconds a gallon so to filter a whole tank full once thru is about 26 minutes so I ran it for an hour. Filter still good.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After church and a birthday lunch today for our daughter, I enjoyed an unusually warm October afternoon, 95F, and changed all three fuel filters on our Deuce in preparation for the 2015 Toys-For-Tots season. Our first event for this year is just two weeks away, and others follow in rapid succession.

cobra5

It took awhile but I finally finished replacing the rear main seal and clutch assembly on Saturday. The whole job was easy but was delayed by other pressing issues. The transmission was a breeze to reinstall and its nice when things line up correctly. Took it for a test drive and everything shifted and responded like it should. The best part was coming out the next day and not seeing any oil on the driveway.

Akicita

I got tired of having the tarp flap in my face when I load or unload stuff and built two simple props from 1/2 inch PVC pipe.
First, I measured how long the props have to be to keep the tarp up far enough for me work under it. Measure from the gap between the tailgate and the bed up.
Then, I cut the pipe to that length.
I used a Dremel tool to grind a "U" notch in one end of each prop. Cutting a "V" with a saw would work just as well.
Done.

Now, I insert the string into the notch, put the straight end of the pipe in the gap and can work without the tarp in my way. It also makes a nice roof when it rains while I load/unload.

Investment: About 3 bucks for the PVC and time for one beer to do the measuring and cutting.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks