• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Kloakndagr

Had to jump through one small hoop for my tags and title in California. Now I'm legit, tagged as a motorhome. Finished installing backup camera (making it pretty), now I'm finishing the final install for the air head composting toilet. I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Finally!

Another Ahab

Had to jump through one small hoop for my tags and title in California. Now I'm legit, tagged as a motorhome. Finished installing backup camera (making it pretty), now I'm finishing the final install for the air head composting toilet. I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Finally!
A composting toilet I get, but what is an "air head" composting toilet; you talking about the guy you hired to install it!?

camnite

pulled another deuce out of the mud, rewound the winch cable, cleaned her, and now putting fiberglass cargo seats and camo cover on it in preparation for veteran's day parade, and living history exhibit at the battleship

HanksDeuce

Finished a flag pole mount on 10/31/15 in preparation for 2 Veteran's Day parades this weekend. The parade today was cancelled. Better weather tomorrow so the parade may still go on!

Jump right to the post about the flag pole mount installation on my build thread: CLICK HERE.

Attachments

TsgtB

Well, I thought i had some water in my fuel. So I parked it "nose down" on the passenger front for a couple of days. Then I pumped a quart or so from the bottom corner of the tank.

It was all golden clean. But the truck would still stutter and almost die on me...
So, I run up to the station and dump in 32 ounces of clear diesel in the tank and fill her up.
It took 37 gallons (and foamed and foamed, i let her run will fueling) but now she runs just fine.
I am guessing my new parker pump sits a little higher in the tank...? maybe sucking some air...
Who knows, just happy its running good now.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same thing happened to me while towing a WC53 after a reenactment, approaching the George Washington Bridge. Luckily, I had 2 cans of Diesel on board, enough to get to a station in Ft. Lee, where trucks are not allowed, and no diesel at the station, so I had to use straight gas......Made it across the bridge where I filled up with diesel. Whew !

Ratchetop

Worked hard on my Deuce this weekend

Well I changed the engine oil and filters. Changed the fuel filters. I read some post about bleeding the brakes and modified a garden sprayer to pressure the brake system and remove the air and flush the system. That worked great! Repaired the horn, there was a short in the 25 wire. Replaced the breaker because it was burned from the shorted out wire and that also fixed the temp gage that was not working. I drove my Deuce to a local truck stop and had it weighed. Tomorrow I'm going to get the registration and title work done and needed a weight ticket. I did some cleaning and rattle can painting. Going to the tax office in the morning and get the title work done. The deuce will be road ready.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks