• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Continuing on Truck # 3, I find the turbo wheels still. Yes, I do have spare "C" Turbo's, but I shall experiment with my ( and your) favorite magical solution. No, not marvel Mystery Oil, but the Acetone Transmission mixture! I removed the oil feed line atop the turbo, and administered 4 cupsful of the mixture. Now I shall wait to see if the bearing loosens...HEY RUSTYSTUD, Do you think it will work?

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Continuing on Truck # 3, I find the turbo wheels still. Yes, I do have spare "C" Turbo's, but I shall experiment with my ( and your) favorite magical solution. No, not marvel Mystery Oil, but the Acetone Transmission mixture! I removed the oil feed line atop the turbo, and administered 4 cupsful of the mixture. Now I shall wait to see if the bearing loosens...HEY RUSTYSTUD, Do you think it will work?
Also see the thread on the rebuild of a "C" turbo with a Schwitzer factory kit (about $100)!

Jeepsinker

That video has been posted on this site before. Remember that south American countries, well, most any country other than us still has real diesel fuel, and it smokes more than our fake fuel here.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup; that'll do it for sure. :driver:
Got 'er done.
IMG_20151107_154530.jpgIMG_20151106_174436.jpg

The good news was that I did not forget to disconnect anything!
The bad news was that we did a bit of damage to the truck:

- tranny tunnel cutout in the firewall is bent
- ether start got a good smack (looks like bent the ether bottle's neck (!) and solenoid mounting bracket)
- hard brake line atop the front axle scored

We also broke one front engine mount that hooked at the winch last minute. The price you pay for working in the dark and for working with equipment that lifts well - but will continue to do so, regardless of whats in the way...

Lesson learned if removing engine+tranny combo:

- if your truck is a w/w seriously consider taking the winch off first
- remove both front engine mounts with the "tray"
- absolutely take the transmission top cover off
- spend $59 for a 2000lbs load balancing bar with a hand crank that allows you to adjust the centre of gravity (i.e. angle the engine hangs) on the fly. The "one chain wrapped around pallet fork" method positively sucks in this regard!
---you need to be able to hang the engine at a steep angle to clear the oilpan over the winch and to not hang up the shifter on the firewall. The angle it hangs at in the picture is NOT sufficient...this still required a 2x4 to pry (and dent the oil pan) to get it over the winch.

Last edited:

Katavic918

That video has been posted on this site before. Remember that south American countries, well, most any country other than us still has real diesel fuel, and it smokes more than our fake fuel here.
Well what the **** are we doing here. I'm taking the deuce to Brazil, who's coming with me?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Troopers in the South Florida area, Anything happening for Vets day? Lets all get together. I have called Mike from PROJECT 425 ( HELICOPTER MAN ) hoping he is hosting something...

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, And my recently reported experiment to loosen the M35A2 Turbo bearing using 50% Acetone / Trans. Fluid worked... I am reconnecting everything, and with the installation of a new air filter, I will test run this machine .(TRUCK 3 )...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks