• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove mine today. First time in about 3 months. Dropped it off at my tire place to have them look at one of the tires that keeps loosing air.
On a side note, does anyone know what this is for? It is mounted to the dash.

To me, that looks like a PLGR GPS mount.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Got another 2 bottles of DOT 5 brake fluid for the Deuce Friday while at work.
Today I went and got the Deuce and brought it back here.
I put 103ltrs of Diesel in it to fill it back up.
Only the 2nd time I have put fuel in it since I got my hands on it.

Anyway, I plan to change out the flat tyre, rear left inner with one of my 9 spares.
Also will clean the engine bay and engine, see if I can fix fuel leak at secondary filters.

Will then take it out for a good run, it has sat for a month maybe a little more and started with less than a full revolution of the engine!
I may have to adjust the generator out put voltage as the gauge needle is at the lowest part of the green.
I just need to remove a cap with an allen key and turn an adjustment under that with a flat head screwdriver to change the voltage.
I should have 28volts at the batts with the engine running.

I found out I don't have the right sized allen key for the locking grub screw to hold the winch cable to the drum so will have to wait till I get the right sized one before I put the cable on.
Also pushed out a dent on the mushroom cap that AQUIS did, must have dropped it at some point, I just used a broom handle with an old bed sheet I am using as a rag scrunched up on it and put the cap over that and tapped the dented part of the cap on the end of the broom handle covered with the scrunched up sheet and now you'd never know it was ever dented!
Will take video as I go,....

Aussie.

Last edited:

Jeeper10

I started mine (it was 25°) and happy to say it started almost instantly. I also just realized the previous owner did the fuel bypass that everybody's talking about all the time on here. Which means I think I need to add some gauges that are not installed keep it safe. So some research as an order for today.

Jeff Nelson

Did a bunch of stuff. Thanks to Castle Bravo (5-ton parts...), I mounted a 5-ton air cleaner where the fuel tank was, a tool box with step to become the new battery box, and a spare tire mount with crane behind the cab. Left side mods will be a step to replace the old tool box with fuel filters inside, air tanks moved to area next to the frame behind the left step, and fuel tank to the left side. Getting ready for the new bed. Pics in the future....

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forget the brand but it was a combo headlight restorer and seal , got the idea of a thread somewhere on here. Luckily I had a new "DANGER" sticker to finish it off

TsgtB

I took a nice little 40 mile cruise, just to keep her happy. I stopped at about 20 miles and checked for leaks and hub temp. Found the drivers side rear/rear hub pretty warm, so i let it cool off for a bit and headed back home.
That hub was the one i just put all new seals (inner and outer). It didnt leak any, but I'll need to loosen it up a little. Maybe i can do it with the wheel still on... we'll see.

Other than that, it was a great ride, she seemed happy.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Well today I got to try out my new 20ton bottle jack as I had to change out a flat tyre.

So I take off the outer wheel, went a lot easier than I thought it would as I was using the basic tools and doing it by hand, no power tools!

This is the flat.

This is why it went flat.

And with it all off.

And here is the spare I put on!

And here it is all DONE!

At this point I took a break and had a cold drink.

Then I went out for a run to try it out,... and to go put air in the tyres.

It seems all of them only had between 27psi and 33psi in them

I put 60psi in the fronts and 50 in the rears.

Now it drives much better and the steering is a lot easier to manage.

Aussie.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Those are good looking tires/tyres; the rubber looks almost brand new.

It's kind of hard to tell from the pic:

- What was that in the tire, a shiv of metal of some kind?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Sounds like an eventful day . Did u get the flat while driving or did you notice it while parked ?
I found it flat while doing a pre-trip inspection one day, suffice to say that trip was cancelled!
That's when I realised I needed a jack for the Deuce.

Those are good looking tires/tyres; the rubber looks almost brand new.

It's kind of hard to tell from the pic:

- What was that in the tire, a shiv of metal of some kind?

Yeah all the spares I have are all new, that's a big nail in the tyre, the head has been worn down so now it just looks like a metal spike.

Aussie.

AZK9

... Only five more seal sets to go lol.
Hey... you're getting there! [thumbzup]

I've done some measuring, in and around the cab of the deuce, in preparation for
some major wiring. I've got too many things that require 24v to 12v conversion.

Now all I need is a string of nice, dry weather days! :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks