• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to the Phoenix, AZ Veterans Day parade on Friday with the club I belong to, the AZMVCC - Arizona Military Vehicle Collectors Club). Got to chat with other MV owners & got to participate in the parade. The Deuce in front of me would honk "Shave & a haircut" & I'd honk "Two Bits" & the spectators would cheer. It was the funniest thing. Also got to see a Mule & Burma Jeep in person for the first time.IMAG7046.jpg
IMAG7043.jpgIMAG7054.jpgIMAG7053.jpgIMAG7052.jpg

Another Ahab

Great weather for the parade, and great line-up, too:

- A Goat, a Mule, Burma Jeep, HET, Pair of Deuces; it's almost like one (or more) of everything. [thumbzup]

How many vehicles total were there, do you know?

texas30cal

I was forced to reseal the air compressor bc it started pouring out of the front seal. This led to removing the oil filters, which turned into a oil/filter change bc it's making oil so it was overfull and diluted. Now I can't drive it until I re o-ring the HH bc that's a lot of oil/$$. Put on a set of gates green belts that came with the truck, who carries those? I also finished off the dash project with new data plates but I reused the one with the VIN bc it wasn't too bad at all.

Maverick1701

I drove it 260miles from my parents house in Carrollton, TX back home to Memphis, TX.

I left memphis on my motorbike at 830am and was in dallas by 2pm. After a quick lunch and a quick nap I was on the road in the deuce @430. 430pm is the worst time to be driving in the metroplex. It took me 2hrs to drive 20miles due to the rush hr traffic on I35. Finally I hit 380 and was able to break away from the traffic. I arrived home just after 1am. It made for a LONG day and a sore spine.

Maverick1701

From what I remember that big single cylinder thumper isn't too much easier on the body than a deuce is? I bet it was a long day
Very much so!!! I LOVE to put miles on my KLR as well as the M35....but my back/spine doesn't share my enthusiasm. By the time I made it home I was pretty sore. It felt GREAT to finally plop into my bed and relax.

Last edited:

rustystud

I drove it 260miles from my parents house in Carrollton, TX back home to Memphis, TX.

I left memphis on my motorbike at 830am and was in dallas by 2pm. After a quick lunch and a quick nap I was on the road in the deuce @430. 430pm is the worst time to be driving in the metroplex. It took me 2hrs to drive 20miles due to the rush hr traffic on I35. Finally I hit 380 and was able to break away from the traffic. I arrived home just after 1am. It made for a LONG day and a sore spine.
Around here you must avoid all the roads leading into our out of Seattle from 2:00 PM to 6:30 PM . That also includes the Eastside now too (Bellevue, Kirkland, Bothell, Woodinville, Renton ) . Basically if you don't go after morning rush-hour your screwed !

Clay James

Began painting the 109 with 24087 Gillespie paint. Got the top done. Next is underneath, painting the wheels black and painting the decals on the doors and hood. It will be a mix of old and new. This is actually the first vehicle I've ever painted so it was a valuable learning experience.
DSC02501.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks