• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

This caused my originally pristine steel brake lines to rust so quickly over the past 4 years that the rear brakes failed three weeks ago. I then fabricated new ones out of "cunifer" (A rustproof Copper, Nickel, Iron alloy) brake line with stainless steel stone guard. I then installed the new lines and bled the system. I once again have working brakes! I will replace all remaining lines and all flex hoses next summer (they appear solid enough to get me through this winter).
You have been one busy beaver.

I never heard of the "cunifer" material until now; where do you get raw stock of that?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My NAPA carries CuNiFer brake lines. Even I can make double flares that work when using this material :) I learned about the stuff on this site as well. Really cool when you can gently bend the brake lines by hand and they do not kink.

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found out about this stuff from Peashooter's excellent thread on M35 brake lines... It is a sticky. Also read Recovery4x4's power bleeder sticky and you can bleed them by yourself!

rustystud

I never heard of the "cunifer" material until now; where do you get raw stock of that?
Peashooter sold them and then provided the link and other information about them in his "most excellent" brake post !
Get with the program "Ahab" ! All the "Cool" kids are doing this "like totally awesome" mod !

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Ahab, I didn't totally answer your question... Sorry:sad:

I located a seller on the "Bay" who sells the EziBend (one of peashooter's recommended brands) in 25 foot lengths. He has it in 3/16", 1/4" and 5/16". Search there for "EziBend". Otherwise you may find a lot of sellers who have the lower-quality CuNiFer stock.

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Just collected today a parcel with two new metal pneumatic wiper motors for my Deuce.

These are a little shorter and stubbier than the plastic ones currently fitted.

Each came with its own air valve so they can be run independently if I set it up that way.

Now waiting on the next package I am expecting any day now.
;)

Aussie.

winfred

removed front driveshaft to prevent pesky sprague transfer case from kicking in front axle again on interstate, left 2 black stripes and almost left one brown one. serviced the fuel system and discovered no filter in the first canister and a lot of rusty crap, nothing evil in 2nd or 3rd canisters, installed spin on for 1st position which i already had and new piece of fuel line into bottom of injection pump (which is what started this service, line started leaking when i touched it about as hard as you'd push on a house of cards to see if they were glued) and tossed in the new 2-3 filters fuzzy toaster threw in with the truck, also installed newish surplus parker fuel pump acquired from popular auction site for super cheap, if fuel ever touched it it wasn't for long, in tank line was turning into jello and fuse was blown, not having 24v test light was gotten around running 2 12v lights in series, once together and burped at 2-3 filters that was the fastest start up i've seen on any diesel that just has its fuel system apart. took for 15-20 odd mile spin around town and no surprises

Attachments

winfred

all i had on hand was some 400 psi oil cooler line, it may hold up better but not sure how much, will be keeping tabs on it, might even toss a short piece in the basket filter to see how it ages without removing the pump assy as it just barely clears the 109 box

Yep, that is one nasty pump ! Did you replace the pump hose with a "submersion" rated fuel line ? If you didn't, your new hose will look like your old one pretty soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks