• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

Can you pick these up without killing your back? I couldn't so for me, I'm glad I didn't go 395s. They sure look great on a Deuce though!
Those suckers don't look anything like "Pick-Up-able".

Rollable maybe, but I can't see anybody actually casually plucking a wheel-and-tire like that off the ground (especially if those rims are steel).

I'm guessing 200 lbs. Does anybody know? What does one assembly weigh (+/-)?

Another Ahab

Can you pick these up without killing your back? I couldn't so for me, I'm glad I didn't go 395s. They sure look great on a Deuce though!

Rollable maybe, but I can't see anybody actually casually plucking a wheel-and-tire like that off the ground (especially if those rims are steel).

The NSN# tags on mine said something like 425lbs.... each.
That plus a wheel adapter and 10 big fasteners... (but mine are aluminum)

:3dAngus:

Who do we know on here who "picks up" 425 lbs?!!!

winfred

not looking forward to the part where i assemble and install my 395sIMG_2756.jpgIMG_2790.jpg the dually was less effected then the 3/4 ton suburban, waiting to have time to service the bearings, brakes and install new wheel seals so i don't need to take em back off for a while

Eliteweapons

I put one of the tires on the front today and replaced the original shock. The shock was toast. We will be replacing the other 5 this week and the other front shock. These were listed just under 500 lbs with the steel rim, tire and runflats installed. Then add the adapter and fasteners. I tried standing one up from flat on the floor and the 2 bad disks in my back yelled at me quite loud.

rustystud

I'm pretty sure they are close to our buss tires and they weigh in at just over 300 Ibs . We had a tire worker at my base that was a semi-pro "power lifter" . He could pick-up a complete tire assembly and throw it up on a stack eight high ! I saw him a few years ago and he had had several spinal surgeries due to injuries. He was only 32 and walked like a 70 year old.
So yes there are people who can lift this stuff, but not for long.

TsgtB

Good way to drop and O-ring...

I put 6 of the MRAP/396s out of the bed of my deuce, onto a small dirt mound, where i could keep them from falling over, all by myself. Just rolled them off onto a sheet of plywood and hung on...
I had 2 lay over, the first one I tried to use my chain fall, and it just bent the tree limb to the tire....
So, only having to stand up 2 out of 6, wasnt so bad... but rolling them along on a rocky hillside, almost gave me a heart attack.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just the tire is 225lbs(395) then you have the rim and maybe a run flat, they get real heavy real quick. Thats why I made a crane in my bed, no chance of putting a flat tire in there by my lonesome!

nchittendon

I got a set of 4 of the 395's.....for free. 80% tread. I've now got my 6 aluminum wheels. and I just ordered my peashooter adapters. Now, just 2 new steers, hardware, and i'm set. And the best part....a buddy that works at Pomps will mount them for me for free. This spring is going to rock!

Eliteweapons

My parking brake wasn't holding so I started checking that out. Found a broken return spring and the cable is jammed up in the sheath. It was an adventure getting that apart. I won't drive it until I get the parking brake fixed so hopefully the parts I ordered will be here soon.

nchittendon

I went to pick up the tires from a friend. Miscommunication found me at his house, and him still at work. They were stacked on a pallet. He was just going to use the forklift and put them right on the truck. Well, he wasn't there. So, I put them in the deuce one at a time. The first 3 weren't bad. But the last one....that one I had to get creative. I found a different large vehicle tire laying around the property. Stood the 395 up, and off the pallet. Put the other tire down on the pallet. Laid the 395 back onto the pallet on top of the other tire. Stood up the 395, then laid it into the back of the deuce.
Got them home, and had to unload them from the truck into the back of the m105. Putting them tailgate to tailgate wasn't an option. So, out of the truck with the, and into the trailer with them. Just me. By hand.
Conclusion: i'm getting too old for this ****

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks