• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

nchittendon

This week my wheel adapters get taken over to get powder coated along with a couple of other parts. If he treats me right, a LOT more parts will be going to him. I also ordered my orings for my mrap wheels, and tuesday will be ordering my hardware.

AceRimmer101

Changed the fuel filters for the first time since buying the truck a little under a year ago. Never seen fuel filters that bad. The previous owner must have been running some nasty stuff through this truck. The canisters had chunks of black crap at the bottom of them. One drain valve wouldn't even drain because it was so clogged. Glad I changed them.

IMG_20170218_142205.jpg

Clay James

Installed the headliner. Put aluminum strips over the reinforcements I made to the pathetic soft metal of the roof which gave it a nice touch. 20170219_104148.jpg

FloridaAKM

I finished the install of the rear view camera on my Deuce & installed the other camera inside the rear cargo area under the first bow. The display is mounted in the ceiling of the cab, close to the windshield with a power switch in the dash. You can toggle back & forth between the rear view camera & the camera inside the cargo area. It is not tied to the reverse switch in any way, but is controlled by the power switch in the dash & the toggle switch in the display. It will always be off except when attaching trailers or checking on cargo in the back. The cover always stays on & I don't always want to undo everything to see what has shifted around while driving!

Another Ahab

Changed the fuel filters for the first time since buying the truck a little under a year ago. Never seen fuel filters that bad. The previous owner must have been running some nasty stuff through this truck. The canisters had chunks of black crap at the bottom of them. One drain valve wouldn't even drain because it was so clogged. Glad I changed them.

View attachment 667300
And the rig was still running? It says a lot about the engineering I guess; made for combat. You might call it "robust". :tank:

TsgtB

A cheap tap into one of the batteries will leave you on the side of the road...
Lucky for me, it was still in my yard.
It would not click or even try to start. With the start button pushed, the fuel gauge would quickly move to empty.
I looked at all my connections to the starter and ground, and found the one battery terminal very corroded at the "tap" connections.
I took them off, cleaned everything good and she fired right up.
Now I dont have the cab circulating fans or the remnants of a 12v hook up. But it starts and charges good.
So, check your battery post for fuzz and happy motoring.

zanther

IMG_0726.jpgIMG_0727.jpg
Used it to pick up a 2 ton gantry from a local metal shop that didn't need it. The gantry will be used in general maintenance of truck but also when I pull the bed to strip and paint the frame thi s summer

deuce2

A cheap tap into one of the batteries will leave you on the side of the road...
Lucky for me, it was still in my yard.
It would not click or even try to start. With the start button pushed, the fuel gauge would quickly move to empty.
I looked at all my connections to the starter and ground, and found the one battery terminal very corroded at the "tap" connections.
I took them off, cleaned everything good and she fired right up.
Now I dont have the cab circulating fans or the remnants of a 12v hook up. But it starts and charges good.
So, check your battery post for fuzz and happy motoring.
Was the "tap" something aftermarket? I don't think mine has that. Unless i misunderstood you.

deuce2

It had a gummed up IP. I replaced it, and changed the oil in the motor and the trans. She runs just fine in neutral. I put some marvel mystery oil in it and that helped alot.
I wonder if maybe my timing is off just slight enough to cause the sputter and lack of power. It's really hard to get started, but when she runs, she purrs like a kitten. Only sputters when I rev the motor upwards to around 1500 to 1800 rpm. Then it stops sputtering.

deuce2

Used it to pick up a 2 ton gantry from a local metal shop that didn't need it. The gantry will be used in general maintenance of truck but also when I pull the bed to strip and paint the frame thi s summer[/QUOTE]
That's awesome! Good for you!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Reinstalled my side covers previously removed by PO, and discovered my head gasket is going south rapidly. Purchased the truck 2 weeks ago with oil slightly weeping from front and rear of head (White multifuel 465-1c TD block), and now it has advanced to minor coolant loss from middle of passenger side of head.

deuce2

Reinstalled my side covers previously removed by PO, and discovered my head gasket is going south rapidly. Purchased the truck 2 weeks ago with oil slightly weeping from front and rear of head (White multifuel 465-1c TD block), and now it has advanced to minor coolant loss from middle of passenger side of head.
How is it running? Im still having a hard time getting mine to quit sputtering.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Surprisingly, excellent! Truck has plenty of power, will hold 55 on the hills around me if I wanted, kept falling on its face above 1800 until I found 2 kinks in the fuel line crossing over from primary's, fixed that and back to normal!

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top

deuce2

Thats excellent! Ive had mine since october, and finally got her running after about 30 plus years of sleeping. Couldn't get fuel to the injectors. Found out the IP was frozen. Replaced it and she fired right up. Now its a sputtering issue. I cant get her above 20 or soo.

TsgtB

Deuce2, I was calling it a tap, but it's just a much smaller wire and ring connector to the large battery cable. Where someone had "tapped in" for power. (A makeshift terminal in an electric circuit)

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Maybe fuel filters? Potential air intrusion into the fuel lines? Mine would sputter when running higher rpms starving for fuel

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks