• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats excellent! Ive had mine since october, and finally got her running after about 30 plus years of sleeping. Couldn't get fuel to the injectors. Found out the IP was frozen. Replaced it and she fired right up. Now its a sputtering issue. I cant get her above 20 or soo.
I wonder if maybe you got the new IP 180* out of time. It will start and run but not make any power if out of phase.

winfred

assembled 3 out of 6 395/mraps, got the chance to play with my big torque wrench (y'all are torquing the rim nuts right :D ) ratchet strapped wheel to hitch on the burb to pull 500# on the rim nuts, buffed up o-ring surface and hit with zinc primer, weighed out all components and 100% tire 225# steel rim 155# adapter/beadlock/adapter hardwear 50#, cleaned and lubed o-rings with silicone grease, i think only one of my rims ever was bolted to anything as it had minorly disturbed paint around the lug holes, rest are minty fresh
IMG_3196.jpgIMG_3197.jpgIMG_3200.jpgIMG_3202.jpgIMG_3203.jpgIMG_3204.jpg

Maverick1701

I am planning to pull the valve covers and attempt a head-bolt re-torque. I am in the forum searching, gasket buying, & research phase at the moment.

nchittendon

Just ordered my fasteners (2.75") from Albany County Fastener for my MRAP wheels and Peashooter adapters.
Now I need to pick up fluids, and other small bits to get ready for a long weekend in the next month.

Right now i've collected:
~ 4 x 395's at 80% tread.
~ 6 x aluminum MRAP wheels
~ 6 x orings for wheels
~ tub 'o grease
~ 2 cases of brake cleaner

Gotta get axle lock washers, cork keyway plugs, axle seals, and different studs for the rears.
Anything else I'm missing? I understand that once I get in there I might decide to replace bearings and what-not. That's not a huge concern as far as getting a hold of those once i'm elbow deep.

TsgtB

Drove my first load of tree limbs and logs to the county site, she wasnt completely loaded to the top of the rails but close and it was packed tight.
Best part was the young men unloaded it for me, and it was all FREE. They'll also load you up with free much if you want.
Laser temp checked my hubs when I got home, they were all within 10* (108* on hub with recent seal change).
Only a couple more loads and all my "cut down trees" will be gone.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just ordered my fasteners (2.75") from Albany County Fastener for my MRAP wheels and Peashooter adapters.
Now I need to pick up fluids, and other small bits to get ready for a long weekend in the next month.

Right now i've collected:
~ 4 x 395's at 80% tread.
~ 6 x aluminum MRAP wheels
~ 6 x orings for wheels
~ tub 'o grease
~ 2 cases of brake cleaner

Gotta get axle lock washers, cork keyway plugs, axle seals, and different studs for the rears.
Anything else I'm missing? I understand that once I get in there I might decide to replace bearings and what-not. That's not a huge concern as far as getting a hold of those once i'm elbow deep.
Plenty of grease. Lots of rags. 1 can of brake cleaner for each hub or make your own concoction with mineral spirits. 2-4 wheel cylinders (all 6 of mine were leaking) a set of shoes or 2, brake fluid, several hub and axle bolts in case you break a few, don't know if you got the front style lugs already but you will need those for the rear axles. Maybe new front axle boots while you're there. It ain't fun pulling them tires off once you got them on, so whatever you think you might run into. I soaked all my bearings in a gallon of mineral spirits when I had it all apart overnight. Helped make cleaning them the next day a lot easier. A couple extra hands and some beverages for them, if you can round them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

I collected my drivers seat base I had recovered a few days ago.

Saturday I intend to replace the lower radiator hose and flush the cooling system then refill with new coolant.

Sunday, if all went well Sat I will take my Deuce to our first car show!

Aussie.

Sparkyz911

Pics as requested. Purchased this from another SS member. While doing my research I found that another SS member was the 2nd owner after DRMO released it. (The first photo credit goes to him). Still trying to track down the rest of the history. I initially planned on buying a beater and crew cab it (no bob) but this thing is in such great shape I'm gonna leave it as is.

DSCN5875.jpg20170210_112248.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks