• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

m715mike

That's why I always use "Anti-Seize" on my bolts when the other part is aluminum. That way there is no corrosion and the bolt will not seize to the aluminum. On a lot of newer alternators they install a steel insert on the mounting ear to prevent this from happening.
Thanks for the tip. I'm not familiar with anti-seize, but I'm going to look into it now.

In the case of my alternator, it was NOS, clean and the bolt moved freely. The dummie (read me) operating a 3/8 ratchet overtightened the bolt causing the alternator housing to break. The top portion of the housing actually flew up and struck me in the face adding insult to injury!

tobyS

Finished the install of a PTO with direct mount pump onto the rebuilt tranny. Some floor mods will be required but no frame problem.
This is the same PTO as the 939 series.

That is about a 4 cu.in/r pump, turns 1.1 x engine rpm.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Thanks for the tip. I'm not familiar with anti-seize, but I'm going to look into it now.
It'll never do you wrong, or at least not to my knowledge (it's kind of a fastener no-brainer). Even when you don't have dissimilar metals.

Others will know better than me, but it's never caused me problems.

Any hardware store or auto parts store will likely carry some.

ABC.jpg

Yarz

Yep, I use it all the time. I've seen copper colored versions (I assume they have copper in them), but have only used the silver colored version.
I get it at my local AutoZone, etc.

deuce2

I'm trying to find a part number for a valve cover gasket for my deuce. I just spent 20minutes searching through the quick reference guide, and no one has a number for one.. Any thoughts?aua

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's multi fuel, any of the suppliers should have them(big mikes motor pool, tnj Murray ,Memphis equipment etc.)

deuce2

I'm just trying to get her home. I may have to reuse the old gasket temporarily just to get her here. She is about 20 miles from my house..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks