• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

The under/inside the hood stencil not used during WWll

In google books it will let you see where that came from.
Me thinks lots of people got hurt. Maybe other posters can say when the hood to cowl latch was incorporated.
I hope nobody got hurt bad, but like lifeboats and the HMS Titanic, those details typically get added only AFTER something goes wrong.

winfred

yup, like my 109a3 has the top of the radiator smashed down and repaired and a healthy dent in the hood by the safety catch, would like a hood lift kit from BBQROD but he appears to not be around here any more or at least never replied to my PM

I hope nobody got hurt bad, but like lifeboats and the HMS Titanic, those details typically get added only AFTER something goes wrong.
assembled the other 3 395/85s for a full set of 6 and cleared a spot in the driveway it can stay till i am done servicing the hubs/brakes/bearings and all wheel seals, verified which front spring seats/caster shims i have are 331-s2's and can be flipped around and shouldn't need to be machined as per what i've read about, got the axle on jack stands but don't have tall enough stands to hit the frame rails, gonna score a couple 12 ton stands from the chinese embassy tomorrow and if it doesn't rain maybe start in on the front axle servicing

Last edited:

Another Ahab

yup, like my 109a3 has the top of the radiator smashed down and repaired and a healthy dent in the hood by the safety catch

assembled the other 3 395/85s for a full set of 6 and cleared a spot in the driveway it can stay till i am done servicing the hubs/brakes/bearings and all wheel seals, verified which front spring seats/caster shims i have are 331-s2's and can be flipped around and shouldn't need to be machined as per what i've read about, got the axle on jack stands but don't have tall enough stands to hit the frame rails, gonna score a couple 12 ton stands from the chinese embassy tomorrow and if it doesn't rain maybe start in on the front axle servicing
Would that be Harbor "Fright"?!

chwhite0783

tires.jpgspeaker.jpgradio.jpgthis week was a busy week. got the g177s installed, and yes adjusted the caster to get rid of the twitchiness.while I was there adjusted the brakes and had to rebuild 2 wheel cylinders. made up a box out of some MDF to put some speakers and a radio in. wired it all up and ready to roll. today off to St Patricks day parade with local Marine Corps League. And then 3 more this month......busy month.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
View attachment 669534View attachment 669535View attachment 669536this week was a busy week. got the g177s installed, and yes adjusted the caster to get rid of the twitchiness.while I was there adjusted the brakes and had to rebuild 2 wheel cylinders. made up a box out of some MDF to put some speakers and a radio in. wired it all up and ready to roll. today off to St Patricks day parade with local Marine Corps League. And then 3 more this month......busy month.
Hey we are just about twinning!

DeucesWild11

belt.jpg

Finally got around to changing my compressor belt.. see pic.. also changed the alt belts which were loose.. Now I got awesome air pressure and my batteries are getting charged correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks