• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good, keep us posted. Also I like the way you have your lights set up A2 & A3, and lollipop lights. You may have room left for a couple 5 ton warning lights.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jericho

I live remotely and work for UNC SAm , drive a lot of narrow DIRT roads to work site each day , Noticed I was scareing the crud out of people who were passing me in the dark winter months , They would tell me the narrow light pattern made them think I was a small truck ,then WOW that's a big truck , so added low beams on the fenders , and the yellow beacon , NOW THEY SEE ME COMING

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Quick question for y'all more experienced folks, should the jackshaft turn slowly when the truck is idling, trans in neutral, and t case in neutral?

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF1602.JPG Got the PTO installed, and then the clouds rolled in and it started snowing. It's supposed to be cold but clear tomorrow so I'll get a jacket on and get the shift linkage installed.

rustystud

Quick question for y'all more experienced folks, should the jackshaft turn slowly when the truck is idling, trans in neutral, and t case in neutral?

Yes. The input shaft is always turning except when the clutch is pushed in. So the turning shaft will turn the countershaft and unless the output shaft is being held by something it too will spin just by friction.

jbayer

I live remotely and work for UNC SAm , drive a lot of narrow DIRT roads to work site each day , Noticed I was scareing the crud out of people who were passing me in the dark winter months , They would tell me the narrow light pattern made them think I was a small truck ,then WOW that's a big truck , so added low beams on the fenders , and the yellow beacon , NOW THEY SEE ME COMING
Pictures Please Jericho. Scratch that, Valence pointed them out to me. Duh!

Last edited:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Remounting the storage box and jerry can bracket, as well as ordered a jerry can and strap for it

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silverstate55 and I replaced the complete clutch assembly and rear main seal in Carnac's M35A2 a couple of weeks ago.

This was a learning experience for me, as I had never done a clutch before. It was pretty much a 15 hour job, with both of us working on it.

A piece of channel wedged from windshield to rear of cab is a must. This would have been much more awkward with just a transmission jack.

If you have to replace the rear seal, replace the clutch while you're at it if it is even remotely questionable. This is a big enough job you don't want to do it again if you don't have to.

Carnac's truck was loaded onto my gooseneck, which made crawling under it less of an aggravation.

Silverstate55 is a good teacher. It is evident he teaches for a living.

Some pics -

mainseal.jpg20170315_132703.jpg20170315_122011.jpg20170314_173128.jpg20170316_115709.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks