• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Clay James

Installed my overhead console. I used 1/8" aluminum for it and welded on some stand offs to screw the radios and fuse panel too. It's latched and hinged so I can swing it down to easily get to all the wiring. So far I have the 2 meter ham radio, CB radio and stereo. Also added a glove box since I lost 90% of the original when I installed the HVAC box under the dash. I will also install the pyro/boost gauge and some switches. Still need to make cut outs so I can fit the wipers on the windshield. I'll post pictures of the finished product when I update my build thread.

thumbnail_20170805_184439.jpgthumbnail_20170805_184345.jpgthumbnail_20170805_184412.jpg

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Last Wendsday I went back to the upholsterer to see how my seats are progressing,...
Ok,.. I went to collect them assuming they would be done by now.

He hasn't even started them, this now being around 3 months since I delivered the seats.
The story now is he is out of material and cannot get any more until the manufacturer dose another run of this colour.

Oh and just to make my day,.... he has MISPLACED my drivers seat back!
He cannot find it!

I was NOT happy,....

I am going back in 2 weeks and if he hasn't found the missing seat back I am going to make it clear as glass that HE will be paying for it's replacement!

This hasn't been a good week for me with this and a few other isues,...

It can only get better.

sigh,...

Aussie.

Another Ahab

G'day everyone,....

I am going back in 2 weeks and if he hasn't found the missing seat back I am going to make it clear as glass that HE will be paying for it's replacement!

Aussie.
When you go back, bring your friend Guido.

And if you don't have a friend named Guido, maybe you can rent one or something.

Everybody, now and then, can use a friend named Guido.

ABC.jpg

Another Ahab

I thought he had a couple of small problems, and might not be available.

First, he was having a little trouble with his hand....

Can't quite recall if it was his left, or his right.

Then, he had a little issue with his neck too, didn't he?

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought he had a couple of small problems, and might not be available.

First, he was having a little trouble with his hand....

Can't quite recall if it was his left, or his right.

Then, he had a little issue with his neck too, didn't he?
I think he slipped and fell in the shower.

winfred

drove it to work saturday and then took a 50-60 mile detour on the way home for the longest run by far i've taken it on and it behaved itself nicely, one hotter hub on the middle axle then the rest will get checked out as i mayve gotten it too tight when i serviced them during the mrap wheel conversion. fairly comfy cruise at 60, it may be capable of more but i am not too interested in going faster then that, 850-900 pre pyro 3# boost at 60 and as we have no hills around baton rouge climbing the big bridge maxes egt at 1050-1100 maybe 10# but boost drops with rpm, eventually i'll find time to install the LDS intake rockers i scored a couple months ago and then tweak the fuel a bit
IMG_4284.jpg

texas30cal

Looking good, those parallel flow condensers really get rid of the heat! I have a winch so I could only use one 14" tall but I squeezed in 24" wide. If you have any questions about brackets let me know, I cannibalized some existing brackets as a starting point, kept one original alt belt and ran one longer one up and over the compressor. This kept plenty of grip on the alt sheave preventing the slipping some have experienced.

winfred

i got the waterloo sanden compressor mounting kit for convenience as at 135 delivered its not worth my time to build my own bracket and figure out belt sizes. my truck has the single passenger seat with the tool box so i am going to turn that into the evaporator box, using a 02 toyota sequoia evap as its a nice big square harrison style brick with a expansion valve in a central position, and its cheap/plentiful. so far 135 for bracket kit, 60 for condenser kit, 50 for evap assy, 145 for new old stock sanden with 24v clutch coil, 25 for new old stock 24v hvac blower motor, ive been building hydraulic/ac hoses for years so that is only cost of materials i already have on hand, planning on using heater blower switch and resistor already on truck with a switch to swap between hot and cold modes. now its just the matter of getting off my butt and doing the work, but the motivation is low to burn up my weekend working on a non critical project after spending all week being mr ase master tech problem solver at the under staffed buick/gmc dealer i work at, literally life sucking job that removes the motivation to even install pants on the weekend

texas30cal

Sounds good like you have it covered, just plan on insulating everything you can and sealing up holes as it will need it in order to cool the cab. The dynamat and copies are great for noise reduction but do little for heat. I wanted to do the same with used evap but we have no junkyards left in the area bc of all the tree huggers and county commissioners that want everything to look just so in order to bring in the out of town land buyer and their money.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....
I was NOT happy,....
I am going back in 2 weeks and if he hasn't found the missing seat back I am going to make it clear as glass that HE will be paying for it's replacement.
Aussie.
Is Donk still living in Walkabout Creek? I'm sure he would provide the necessary intimidation factor for you. 😊

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i got the waterloo sanden compressor mounting kit for convenience as at 135 delivered its not worth my time to build my own bracket and figure out belt sizes. my truck has the single passenger seat with the tool box so i am going to turn that into the evaporator box, using a 02 toyota sequoia evap as its a nice big square harrison style brick with a expansion valve in a central position, and its cheap/plentiful. so far 135 for bracket kit, 60 for condenser kit, 50 for evap assy, 145 for new old stock sanden with 24v clutch coil, 25 for new old stock 24v hvac blower motor, ive been building hydraulic/ac hoses for years so that is only cost of materials i already have on hand, planning on using heater blower switch and resistor already on truck with a switch to swap between hot and cold modes. now its just the matter of getting off my butt and doing the work, but the motivation is low to burn up my weekend working on a non critical project after spending all week being mr ase master tech problem solver at the under staffed buick/gmc dealer i work at, literally life sucking job that removes the motivation to even install pants on the weekend
Winfred,

Do you have a build thread going for this project? Be interesting to see it, especially with your expenses so far on the job it seems a worthwhile read! And it's about 102 degrees here today and I got to mow the lawn...ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winfred

no thread but i was going to sum it up/maybe start one once completed with results, didn't wanna start a build thread till i do something unique as repacking wheel bearings, installing a airshift transfer case inplace of the sprag, brake lines/remote reservoir, mrap wheels and the upcoming rebuild of the cooling system have all been well documented

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks