• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Seth_O

I drive mine in CA with no CDL. They are registered historic. A CDL for a completely non commercial vehicle? Give me a break.
Completely agree. Unfortunately though the California vehicle code classifies any truck as a commercial vehicle. The size or intended purpose is completely irrelevant. I duked it out with the DMV over this and the onery lady pulled out the code book and I read it. All trucks are defined as commercial vehicles, trucks are then divided into different weight categories and assigned fees based on the category. Historic is its own category and has a separate fee structure. Mine is also registered historic.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on the weather, I get about a month to a month and a half. Hot, and or rainy weather will wash or burn off the WD-40 quicker. I got most of the bed done today, and hope to finish it tomorrow. Usually it takes a couple hours to do the complete truck, but lately the weather has been about 95-100 degrees so I do a little every day. It's a cheap way to get the color back.
You spray WD-40 on the paint? I thought you were doing a lube routine.

FloridaAKM

I replaced the wooden troop seats with a complete new fiberglass troop seat ensemble! The old seats were original & weathered. It took 5 hours to remove & replace the seats with the truck as loaded as it is. The heat was 95 in the building with no ventilation other than the open roll up door. Thank the Lord for Toyota.

Troop Seat Replacement.jpg

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats very different from what the DMV told me :(. When I spoke with them I was told that anything (unless designated RV - which requires very specific attributes) with 3+ axles requires at least a Class B commercial license - regardless of brake type or weight. Its one of the reasons I bobbed my deuce, I wasnt interested in having to get & maintain a class b. This was several years ago, so maybe things have changed?
Sounds like another government employee making policy. I would ask them to show you in the regulation where it states that.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Completely agree. Unfortunately though the California vehicle code classifies any truck as a commercial vehicle. The size or intended purpose is completely irrelevant. I duked it out with the DMV over this and the onery lady pulled out the code book and I read it. All trucks are defined as commercial vehicles, trucks are then divided into different weight categories and assigned fees based on the category. Historic is its own category and has a separate fee structure. Mine is also registered historic.
Glad I don't live in Commiefornia. Talk about a big steaming pile of regulations.

duttoer1959

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I built a front bumper with a fold away lader on the passenger side . Intalled a 18000 lb electric winch and painted my truck . With a HVLP paint system I got from Harbor Freight . Don't laugh . The thing worked great . I couldn't believe how well it worked . Used Rapco paint . New troop seats ( NEW ) . I bought parts and made them myself . Made my own locking straps for my jerry cans that mount on two tool boxes and put on a tan cargo cover . NOS . Have a brand new cab I'm working on . Modifying the heater deverter box so the defrost actually works .

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

I built a front bumper with a fold away lader on the passenger side . Intalled a 18000 lb electric winch and painted my truck . With a HVLP paint system I got from Harbor Freight . Don't laugh . The thing worked great . I couldn't believe how well it worked . Used Rapco paint . New troop seats ( NEW ) . I bought parts and made them myself . Made my own locking straps for my jerry cans that mount on two tool boxes and put on a tan cargo cover . NOS . Have a brand new cab I'm working on . Modifying the heater deverter box so the defrost actually works .
And we get to see the pictures,...?
;)

Aussie.

mmeridith

Replaced the air hose to the wipers & trouble shot low oil pressure ohmed out oil sending unit looks like bad gauge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rustystud

It's been said before; "no pictures means it didn't happen" . Post pictures.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nopics

59apache

Chipmaker
I want to see a build-thread! With pics...nopics

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks