• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

FloridaAKM

I picked up a complete hardtop for a Deuce @ the Bellview show this past weekend in great shape for $200.00 & a complete camo vinyl cover, bows & staves used a bit (unmatched), in a trade deal, for the same truck. Now the last Deuce is that much closer to getting on the road. The old top was badly rusted when I got it from GP. Here is a picture of it from last year. There is also a set of troop seats that I pulled off the tan Deuce that will go on the upgrade for the one in the picture.

New M35A2C Comes Home.jpg

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Went and picked up my package being held at customs that has my NOS Never used Whistler turbo!

Yep,... I finally got one!

"I love it when a plan comes together,...."

Aussie.
Aussie, you'll love the C Turbo. Some time back my truck was idling in a parking lot when a guy walked up, and asked if the truck had a turbine engine.

77 AMG

Interesting. My tow bar is the round style. Came with all of the pins, but, no chains or feet. Off to search for those (feet, any way. I am NOT buying chain online. The shipping would be mental.)

FloridaAKM

The towbar kits are not lightweight as they have an 84 k rating if I remember correctly. The weight of a single kit is 525 lbs on average, so shipping one is not going to be cheap. I bought half a dozen of these babies when they were offered & they work well. Moving them around is a different story unless you have a really strong back.

Last edited:

fpchief

On the M35A2 i replaced the horn wire in the steering column...easy job. On the M109A3, i replaced the exhaust elbow, deleted flame heater, bypassed the FDC, and stopped a coolant leak on the oil cooler.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This week it is raining here in central TX like you wouldn't believe (like we are in Portland or something i swear). However with the few moments of dry-ish weather I took my new troop seats apart and began cleaning them and getting them ready for paint. I plan on keeping all the fiberglass green and painting all the metal parts 511 black. as my truck is already 383 green and black I thought it would look nice.

side note for those taking troop seats apart: all the parts with Philips hear and nuts come off just fine use break-free etc if needed. HOWEVER all the spots with round head bolts DO NOT come out. I thought they would be square bolts under the round head like anti spin style however that is not the case. So the actual seats portion doesn't come apart. Oh well 90% of it came apart and I guess that is good enough for now.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uh, what to you consider the BIG one??

View attachment 744490<--- This is the BIG one we got when we acquired our XM818. The MSO used it on their APC's.

View attachment 744491<--- Here's our BIG one next to the rear drivers on the XM818.

View attachment 744492<--- Here's a good comparison between that "big" tow bar for a Deuce or 5-Ton next to the BIG one for HEAVY ARMOR.
Each leg of the BIG one is probably close to 300 LBS. and just under 8 feet long!
I can manhandle one end of a single leg to move it around, then walk the other end, etc etc etc.

I don’t nothing for tow bars but I’d really like to get that ACAV unit off the top of that track!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I don’t nothing for tow bars but I’d really like to get that ACAV unit off the top of that track!
So would A LOT of other MV enthusiasts!

I happen to have the M23 Cradle from "behind" that armor up for grabs in the Classified Forum. (Had both of them from the MSO's APC's but one has already been re-homed.)
Here's the link... https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...n-Mount)-with-Ammo-Tray-(have-TWO)&highlight=

Someone interested could start getting all the parts together like Johnny Cash sang: "I GOT IT ONE PIECE AT A TIME". :doh:rofl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-_syszg84

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

I have the misfortune to own one of those monster towbars complete with all the chains, air lines, feet & electrical connectors. When it was put into the container for storage, that was the last time it was moved & I can't move it anymore unless I do it with a truck or a small crane. Thought it was smaller from the pictures from GL.
Uh, what to you consider the BIG one??

View attachment 744490<--- This is the BIG one we got when we acquired our XM818. The MSO used it on their APC's.

View attachment 744491<--- Here's our BIG one next to the rear drivers on the XM818.

View attachment 744492<--- Here's a good comparison between that "big" tow bar for a Deuce or 5-Ton next to the BIG one for HEAVY ARMOR.
Each leg of the BIG one is probably close to 300 LBS. and just under 8 feet long!
I can manhandle one end of a single leg to move it around, then walk the other end, etc etc etc.

77 AMG

So would A LOT of other MV enthusiasts!

I happen to have the M23 Cradle from "behind" that armor up for grabs in the Classified Forum. (Had both of them from the MSO's APC's but one has already been re-homed.)
Here's the link... https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...n-Mount)-with-Ammo-Tray-(have-TWO)&highlight=

Someone interested could start getting all the parts together like Johnny Cash sang: "I GOT IT ONE PIECE AT A TIME". :doh:rofl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-_syszg84
I built an old CJ series Jeep like that- drove the folks at the parts house crazy! You had Jeep, GM, International Harvester, Ford, Willys, and some Mazda thrown in there for good measure. Ran like a scalded dog, though!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the misfortune to own one of those monster towbars complete with all the chains, air lines, feet & electrical connectors. When it was put into the container for storage, that was the last time it was moved & I can't move it anymore unless I do it with a truck or a small crane. Thought it was smaller from the pictures from GL.
It's one of those MV accessories that, if I hadn't gotten it by chance, I probably would not have sought out and bought.
Heck! I don't even know if I will ever use it as a Tow Bar... Although I have considered ways to use it as a A-Frame on our 5-Ton for hoisting with the rear-mounted winch.

When I got it there were two hunkin' shackles on the ends that the MSO used for coupling to the APC's. I have since acquired the correct feet and pins... Just so I'd have a usefully complete set-up if ever needed.

I doubt I'll ever sell it.... but my estate/children will have to do that someday. rofl:whistle:

603hellmutt

Been working on the new to me ex. forestry M35a2. So far i have put the new soft top on, new passenger door and glass. Planning to do a new ebrake cable this week, 1 windshield, drivers door window, put new batteries in, mount my new mirrors. Still plenty to get done but i have all winter.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been working on the new to me ex. forestry M35a2. So far i have put the new soft top on, new passenger door and glass. Planning to do a new ebrake cable this week, 1 windshield, drivers door window, put new batteries in, mount my new mirrors. Still plenty to get done but i have all winter.
Sounds good! Any pictures???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks