• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm tackling the dreaded airpack rebuild? I think it is harder than removing and working on the Hydrolic head. Look at the fun that was in it? Can was still good but nasty. The little end cap on piston was the hardest part. I cut some groves in my snap ring plyers and they held the little snap ring booger. There were a lot of small issues I'm amazed it was working at all. 6 cans of brake cleaner, and I never did cus. Honest. It goes back on in the morning.IMG_20200327_094225331.jpgIMG_20200327_094541935.jpgIMG_20200327_174128489.jpgIMG_20200327_123903013.jpgIMG_20200327_180658076.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the arms are 1x3 bar stock and are heavy. Thats why they are temporary wired like that, so it doesn't bonk me in the head while Im doing the 45 mounts to the frame by the spring perch.
Dave. Keep us posted on how it works. Heck it's still snowing down here in Northern Nevada. 🥶

Dunkeye11

Bought some wheel cylinder rebuild kits from Napa PN(45) apparently the last 3 in the system they have the nice strong spring and rebuilt 2 of the wheel cylinders I just removed

Attachments

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good David! Your probably going to want to X brace, or triangulate, at least the bottom arms in some way. You’ll be amazed at the pushing power of these trucks.

davidb56

Looking good David! Your probably going to want to X brace, or triangulate, at least the bottom arms in some way. You’ll be amazed at the pushing power of these trucks.
thats the steel Im waiting for, and the 1" bolts for the other side and 1 1/2" ram pins. They are closed on weekends here.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thats the steel Im waiting for, and the 1" bolts for the other side and 1 1/2" ram pins. They are closed on weekends here.
Not sure I want to live anywhere I need a snow plow that heavy. Looks pretty awesome though

davidb56

Not sure I want to live anywhere I need a snow plow that heavy. Looks pretty awesome though

Deep cold snow, and lack of "Free $**t" keeps a majority of the rats in the big cities. Spoken from someone who retired from Stockton and Oakland CA. I actually have a smaller plow on my old F350. This one is for the "10 year" Apocalypse snow drifts on my road.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cleaned up both trucks & took some pics of the M35A2, also reworked the drivers front wheel. The paint was peeling off in some spots so I took it all back down the metal & repainted it. She cleans pretty good...

Attachments

Iron Maiden

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I finally got around to replacing my knuckle boots. The job also entailed replacing some brake lines. I knew access to my wheel cylinder valves was very poor because it was almost impossible to bleed the brakes. I solved this problem by machining some new wheel cylinder valves from 1/2" stainless steel hexagonal bar stock that were long enough for good access with a wrench.

Attachments

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled my cab this week. I’m swapping it out for a rust free nos cab. It was quite a chore. Nobody talks about getting access to the two front bolts that hold the cab on. My new cab has holes already in floor for bolt access.

Attachments

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled my cab this week. I’m swapping it out for a rust free nos cab. It was quite a chore. Nobody talks about getting access to the two front bolts that hold the cab on. My new cab has holes already in floor for bolt access.
Doesn't like there is much wrong with that cab. Don't trash it. Someone may buy it.

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't like there is much wrong with that cab. Don't trash it. Someone may buy it.

It’s has a lot of rust around the passenger side rocker panel. Also once I removed the dash, I found a lot of rust at the top of cab on the interior. I also have a bed I removed that I was selling with some rust. But it’s all about logistics when you try and sell some of these larger parts.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But it’s all about logistics when you try and sell some of these larger parts.
Yep, that's why I like to give stuff away. Let someone else worry about picking it up. If you have the room, consider storing it for a little while and offering it up for free to someone in the "Pay it forward" section. I always look at how some people are looking to restore these things on a budget.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks