• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, that's why I like to give stuff away. Let someone else worry about picking it up. If you have the room, consider storing it for a little while and offering it up for free to someone in the "Pay it forward" section. I always look at how some people are looking to restore these things on a budget.
That is my plan. Hate to throw sheet metal parts away. They obviously don’t make this stuff anymore

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2516.JPG Still painting Woodland Green, when finished, I'll shoot the Brown and Black. My first 3 tone, hope I don't screw it up. Also, got some wood troop seat slats to replace. Seems like I've been doing this little stuff constantly for 13 years. I guess it keeps me out of trouble.🔧

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 794561 Still painting Woodland Green, when finished, I'll shoot the Brown and Black. My first 3 tone, hope I don't screw it up. Also, got some wood troop seat slats to replace. Seems like I've been doing this little stuff constantly for 13 years. I guess it keeps me out of trouble.🔧
You'll do fine. I always have that feeling too when starting the brown and black. Just make sure to start with the brown and eye areas that it can be overlapped by the black in case of any over spray. Color theory and working smart at its best. You can always add but not take away... general rule of thumb. (y)

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll do fine. I always have that feeling too when starting the brown and black. Just make sure to start with the brown and eye areas that it can be overlapped by the black in case of any over spray. Color theory and working smart at its best. You can always add but not take away... general rule of thumb. (y)
Thanks Fuzzy, I will keep those things on my mind when I get to that stage. Fuzzy, how do you recommend doing the outlining, pencil, chalk, sharpie, free hand???

92ramaro

While the radiator was out 2 weeks ago:
-Tore down and installed new seals in the winch along with a new bottom rod and top plate
-Removed and resealed the hydraulic head and the booster pump on the injection pump
-Replaced all of the coolant hoses
-Replaced all of the injector return lines
-Finally replaced the air compressor belt
The shop I dropped my radiator off wanted $835 to re-core it so I bought a solid used one from down state.
I've been driving it semi-regularly since reinstalling the radiator and winch and it feels pretty good to no longer worry about fuel in my oil or a constant coolant leak. Besides checking the bearings in the middle axle, I'm almost to the point of not having to do anything more than regular maintenance for a long time. Until I decide on what I want to do as far as repainting that is...

Attachments

92ramaro

92ramaro

Shhhhh! Never say that out alout where your truck can hear you! They are tricky beasts!
You're not wrong! Lol
I'm honestly burned out from worrying about more failures.
My current M.O. is just to keep an eye on all of her fluids and joints, and enjoy being an operator instead of a mechanic until something else needs to be dealt with.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I have.
As far as being able to reliably use the truck as I please, I should be done with major repairs was my main point. Whenever I get time, (and this pandemic is in the past) I'm taking the bed off to install my scissor jack for the dump bed conversion. There's a list of improvements I've got planned otherwise. I promise you that :cool:
I've done it to one of mine. This is my work garage. Works great when the weather is good.signal-2020-04-09-124943.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Well I just got my Deuce home.

I think its been about 6-8 months since I put it back into storage.

This morning I checked everything over, Gave the start button a couple of taps to turn the engine,.... all ok.

Turn fuel on, tap start button, and in less than a full turn she fired right up!

(big smile on face!)

Oh, and I also have a Jatonka winch cover inbound.

Great minds think alike!

;)

Aussie.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While the radiator was out 2 weeks ago:
-Tore down and installed new seals in the winch along with a new bottom rod and top plate
-Removed and resealed the hydraulic head and the booster pump on the injection pump
-Replaced all of the coolant hoses
-Replaced all of the injector return lines
-Finally replaced the air compressor belt
The shop I dropped my radiator off wanted $835 to re-core it so I bought a solid used one from down state.
I've been driving it semi-regularly since reinstalling the radiator and winch and it feels pretty good to no longer worry about fuel in my oil or a constant coolant leak. Besides checking the bearings in the middle axle, I'm almost to the point of not having to do anything more than regular maintenance for a long time. Until I decide on what I want to do as far as repainting that is...
I've said that probably 3 or 4 times over the last 13 years. Yet I still have my tools close at hand. I'm repainting again, remember your prep is most important for a good looking quality paint job. 2cents

m715mike

What have I done to my Deuce this week? Nothing! I’m heeding my county’s stay-at-home order and haven’t been over to see the truck. My center axel is still apart and needs to be put back together. The break drums are turned and I have new wheel cylinders and break pads waiting to go in. I guess there will be plenty of time once the stay-at-home order is lifted and the world is safe again!

In the mean time, I’ll share one of my favorite pictures. This was taken early one morning as I started on a full day of Deuce maintenance. You gotta have your morning coffee, right?

C5766148-AB7F-48D3-A04D-4DBA85C32B0A.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks