• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Maverick1701

This morning I was looking for cool M35 videos on youtube...because work is dead.
I found this cool video of a 465LDT running with only one head installed. I have seen other videos of other engines doing this...but this is the first time seeing one of our engines.
It's pretty wild to see the front 3 pistons doing their thing. Enjoy!

Iron Maiden

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I purchased my truck it had some auxiliary lights mounted on the bumper. I wasn't ever completely happy with where they were mounted, so I made up new mounts and guards that kept with the traditional look of the truck. The new location of the mounts I made was a little further back and less vulnerable. I also rerouted the wiring for a neater, cleaner look.

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I purchased my truck it had some auxiliary lights mounted on the bumper. I wasn't ever completely happy with where they were mounted, so I made up new mounts and guards that kept with the traditional look of the truck. The new location of the mounts I made was a little further back and less vulnerable. I also rerouted the wiring for a neater, cleaner look.
Looking good .

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Queen Lola got her oil and filters changed. 1 gallon of Lucas oil stabilizer, 10 quarts of Rotella T5 15W40 and 8 quarts of 5W40 heavy duty diesel oil I had left over.

Also complete chassis grease job today. Why is it that the grease nipples that do not work and need changing are mostly the ones that are the most pain to get to?

I have 12 more grease points than the Lubrication Order states, due to the greaseable heavy duty dog bone ends.

2 cartridges of red stuff later and she is all set for the season!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Maverick1701

Queen Lola got her oil and filters changed. 1 gallon of Lucas oil stabilizer, 10 quarts of Rotella T5 15W40 and 8 quarts of 5W40 heavy duty diesel oil I had left over.

Also complete chassis grease job today. Why is it that the grease nipples that do not work and need changing are mostly the ones that are the most pain to get to?

I have 12 more grease points than the Lubrication Order states, due to the greaseable heavy duty dog bone ends.

2 cartridges of red stuff later and she is all set for the season!

when you do your greasing, do you just do a few squirts per zerk or do you fully push out all the old grease? I do a mix of both depending on I feel that day

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I push grease in until old grease comes out except for the king pin bushings (a few good pumps) and the trunnions (I have zerks in the caps; a few good pumps but I do not want to blow out the seal facing to the center of the truck).

w250guy

Picked up some new tires for the ol girl, I plan on running them on mrap wheels. Any one have any info on how to install the runflats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
@w250guy unbolt them, spray everything liberally with soap n water mixed, then slip one end in and work it into the tire all around like a fruit roll up

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that a lot of people work hard to pull the runflat inserts OUT of their tires to remove rotating mass and make it easier on the brakes (and to lift the tire, no doubt). I am just curious what the rationale is to actually use the runflats? Avoiding need to carry a spare?

w250guy

I know that a lot of people work hard to pull the runflat inserts OUT of their tires to remove rotating mass and make it easier on the brakes (and to lift the tire, no doubt). I am just curious what the rationale is to actually use the runflats? Avoiding need to carry a spare?
I guess my thinking is just as they say, you can run the tire flat, even if I did have a spare I think I’d still run them. If I’m only a few miles from home I’d rather drive it on the run flats and take care of it at the house instead of on the side of the road and as far as adding mass to the tire I don’t think they’re overly heavy anyways, maybe 60 pounds a piece (just my guess picking one up) but I can’t imagine the little amount of added weight to the whole tire assembly is enough to outweigh the advantages of having them. I’m still trying to figure out how they mount though, seems most of the ones I’ve seen at one piece and mine are 3 and they have what looks like a really thick belt that I’m not sure where they go.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess my thinking is just as they say, you can run the tire flat, even if I did have a spare I think I’d still run them. If I’m only a few miles from home I’d rather drive it on the run flats and take care of it at the house instead of on the side of the road and as far as adding mass to the tire I don’t think they’re overly heavy anyways, maybe 60 pounds a piece (just my guess picking one up) but I can’t imagine the little amount of added weight to the whole tire assembly is enough to outweigh the advantages of having them. I’m still trying to figure out how they mount though, seems most of the ones I’ve seen at one piece and mine are 3 and they have what looks like a really thick belt that I’m not sure where they go.

w250guy, if you have a sharp tire store in the area (truck tire shop) they may be able to give you a heads up on how to install them, and if they're worth the trouble. Keep us posted, and Good Luck!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Bye bye stinking exhaust leak. How do these even rust out?? J pipe and flex has been replaced on the truck before I bought it.IMG_0206.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks