• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Dipstick

@Dipstick

I am not the creator of those videos, i just linked a relevant video. Andrew Camarata is. I wish i had is skill, available to heavy equipment and live in a castle made of shipping containers like he does.

Thanks for grease tips. I have seena video on the rejuvenator, thanks for the reminder! I do pump until I see grease on all other fittings, nothing came out of trunion.
I guess that's why my ex-wife used to call me "Clueless". I missed that you just linked. Did any grease go into the trunnions? When I ran into my frozen grease problem, I'd put some muscle into it and the grease gun handle wouldn't budge. That's when I knew I needed the rejuvenator. I still haven't finished getting to some of them yet.

Dipstick

Splash Panel 3.jpgSplash Panel 4.jpg
The other day I discovered that the panel just behind my j-pipe, which protects the battery box from tire spray, was pretty rusted. I removed it and made a new one using my new sheet metal brake and drill press. I just have to sand and paint it and then it will go in Brutus. One less rusty thing on my Brutus.

92ramaro

The other day I discovered that the panel just behind my j-pipe, which protects the battery box from tire spray, was pretty rusted. I removed it and made a new one using my new sheet metal brake and drill press. I just have to sand and paint it and then it will go in Brutus. One less rusty thing on my Brutus.
A proper fabrication job like that is the reason I didn't post any pics of my attempt at the exact same repair. I know that mine wont fall off, but I take solace in the fact that it's somewhat hidden under the cab/behind the J-pipe :oops:

92ramaro

Were the holes in the mount really that big? If so, that's way design overkill. Nothing bigger than a 1/2" grade 8 bolt (9/16 clearance hole) would ever be needed. The tensile strength of one 1/2" grade 8 bolt is 150,000 psi. The breaking load is 21, 285 lbs. In other words, one 1/2" grade 8 bolt could easily support more than the entire weight of a Deuce without breaking.
*glances at the six grade eight 3/4" mounting bolts holding the home-made hitch onto my deuce*
:oops: 😅

Dipstick

A proper fabrication job like that is the reason I didn't post any pics of my attempt at the exact same repair. I know that mine wont fall off, but I take solace in the fact that it's somewhat hidden under the cab/behind the J-pipe :oops:
I fitted the panel this morning and it just needed a bit of tweaking to work. I was off on one of the holes by a 1/16 inch, but a round file took care of that. I decided to bolt on the upper stiffener rather than weld it to the sheet metal, because now I can bolt it to the bracket before I put the panel on. It makes the hard to reach bolts much easier when the battery box is in. Now we have three days of rain, so further progress is slowed down for a bit. It is kind of cool that it's hidden:p

Dipstick

Dipstick, you need to make me one! :)
I looked underneath the battery box the other day and the piece looks.....distressed. I pretend I didn't see it.
Queen Lola in distress! Oh noooo! I'd make you one in a heartbeat cattlerepairman if I lived up in your neck of the woods! I gotta say my new home made battery support makes sliding the battery box w/ batteries in and out EASY as heck. Much better than my old rusted, bent, stock support.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We cheated for Daisy's hitch install.
Idk if you can find a place local to you that will rent/loan out a mag-drill, but having access to one via work was definitely a life saver for us if anyone is considering their own hitch install in the future.View attachment 836011
Have to agree Mag drill and the annular bit for the perfect drilled hole. 5 ton frame even worse to drill through glad I had the Mag and annular bits.

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this isn’t the right place for this but I believe I need a new one of what ever this is it’s off of a m105a2 I hooked my air lines up and air came out of this thing. But I don’t know what it is to order one if you can help I greatly appreciate it

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

How to find out what a part is:
- go to Jatonka's web site and locate the TM for the vehicle/trailer: http://www.jatonkam35s.com/M105TMS/TM9-2330-213-14&P.PDF
- go to the back of the TM where it shows the schematics of the individual component groups
- locate the component or thing you are after
- locate the thing's NSN number in the list
- put the NSN into Google or into a NSN lookup web site
- correlate to a dealer or civilian supplier

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked in the TM I guess I was hoping it would tell me what it is lol thanks looks like mine is broken

Dipstick

I looked in the TM I guess I was hoping it would tell me what it is lol thanks looks like mine is broken
hgun.....I was wondering if that's what is called a tractor protection valve? 18 wheelers have them, so that if the trailer loses all of it's air pressure ( say a torn glad hand line ) the tractor retains it's air pressure/brakes. It kind of looks like it could be one of those. I mean, Deuces are set up to pull trailers. I'll have to look under Brutus to see if I have one. Just a thought.

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s a brake relay valve I found one to order I hooked it the truck for the parade and their is a plastic cover that’s broken and the air blew out of it. Probably don’t need the air to stop it I’m sure theirs more wrong with it than that

Dipstick

It’s a brake relay valve I found one to order I hooked it the truck for the parade and their is a plastic cover that’s broken and the air blew out of it. Probably don’t need the air to stop it I’m sure theirs more wrong with it than that
I just came upon that information myself. I searched for "Midland Air Brake Parts" and found one for sale on Ebay. It says that it's a relay valve for M939 A1 and A2 trucks. Their price was $150. :)

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hgun.....I was wondering if that's what is called a tractor protection valve? 18 wheelers have them, so that if the trailer loses all of it's air pressure ( say a torn glad hand line ) the tractor retains it's air pressure/brakes. It kind of looks like it could be one of those. I mean, Deuces are set up to pull trailers. I'll have to look under Brutus to see if I have one. Just a thought.
Tractor protection valve is part of the truck (tractor) air brake system, not on the trailer.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks