• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Iron Maiden

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I really like the red indicator lights under the switches.
Do you remember where you sourced them?
I got the indicator lights from McMaster-Carr. They have a few different colors to choose from. I had trouble deciding between green or red, but I ended up choosing red because of the other dash lights being red. You could probably find something similar on Amazon too, but I try to limit buying from there if possible. Also, I've used the same ones before on a different switch panel project, except with green and they are made in Germany and seem to be very good quality.

@Iron Maiden How did you get that engraving done? That looks super sharp!

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
I noticed the engraving too. Very nice. [thumbzup]
Thanks, I'm glad it caught your attention and thought it came out pretty good. We have a machine for engraving that was used (I filled the engraving in with a white paint pen for some contrast, but had trouble finding one with a small enough tip, which made it a little tough keeping it inside the engraving).

Here is a picture of the switch panel with the indicator lights on. I'll post a picture too of the green ones that were used on a Jeep project if anyone is interested in the color.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I got the indicator lights from McMaster-Carr. They have a few different colors to choose from. I had trouble deciding between green or red, but I ended up choosing red because of the other dash lights being red. You could probably find something similar on Amazon too, but I try to limit buying from there if possible. Also, I've used the same ones before on a different switch panel project, except with green and they are made in Germany and seem to be very good quality.

Thanks, I'm glad it caught your attention and thought it came out pretty good. We have a machine for engraving that was used (I filled the engraving in with a white paint pen for some contrast, but had trouble finding one with a small enough tip, which made it a little tough keeping it inside the engraving).

Here is a picture of the switch panel with the indicator lights on. I'll post a picture too of the green ones that were used on a Jeep project if anyone is interested in the color.
Thanks for the information!
I will gladly pay McMaster Carr for German made over Chinese @ Amazon!

RedNBlue

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing! That's awesome work. I'm curious about the switch for trailer brakes, is that to power an electric trailer brake controller? I'm a long way from that project, but it's something I'm planning to install later on.

And I have to ask... What's a "Doodle Booster?"

bprzyw

Thanks for sharing! That's awesome work. I'm curious about the switch for trailer brakes, is that to power an electric trailer brake controller? I'm a long way from that project, but it's something I'm planning to install later on.

I was going to ask the same, lol.

Iron Maiden

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I was going to ask the same, lol.
The trailer brake switch will be used to power a trailer brake controller. As I type this, that is a future project. The Doodle Booster switch was originally planned to control the ejector seat, haha. After some contemplation, it will be used for some miscellaneous accessories.

kenn

I finally got my copper oil pan drain washers from Big Mikes along with some other materials. For every one thing I address, two more pop up, lol. That said, I changed the oil and used Rotella SAE 30. Yeah, I know everyone says 15-40 rotella but I went with the TM for my climate. Since it didn't have copper washers and I'm OCD, I waited for them to arrive and every drop drained out. I'm at just a little over 5.5 gallons of oil in and I'm about 1/2" from the "full" running mark. I really want the spin-ons but I've got so many other projects I decided to leave the stock metal covers in place and use the Wix filters for now. There was some rust around the bases of both that got into the "channels" as well. I used some PB blaster and an angled pick to clean it all out and then the gaskets went in smooth. Since I removed rust, I painted them with a rust converter primer then gave them a shot of dark olive I had laying around. I also tightened the two compressor base bolts a bit on the filter side of the base. The other side is impossible and I need a crows foot and some black magic. I'm hoping that will stop the leak there...

Attachments

rustystud

I posted my trailer brake system here somewhere. I can easily tow either a 12 volt or 24 volt trailer .

ToddJK

Finally got around to installing my off road lights. I've had them on hand for over a year as I planned to install them on my pickup truck (except for my military lights which I had to modify since these were a spot light). The deuce just seemed to be the better candidate. I only needed wire since I was adding some lights to the rear.

Added two military 26V 5.3 amp lights, two LED flood lights, two amber spot lights and two amber flood lights. Two small LED lights in the rear which are tucked up nice and high so hopefully they don't ever get torn off, lol. Three 5ft pieces of 12 gauge slotted angle irons and bolted them on through pre-existing holes in the rear of the cab with two rubber grommets and some washers so they fit flush but also no rattling. Hooked it all up to a fuse box with fuses between 5 amp and 10 amps wired to 20 amp switches. I removed a data plate and my flame heater switch for the switches, but if need be, can reinstall if I choose to move them and cover up any holes, but I'm liking it so far and I kept only one with the green cover for the rear lights so it's a reminder if it's up, the lights are on.
All I can say is that they are bright and a picture at home won't do it justice vs on the trail.

Attachments

Dipstick

Major Motion 1952 Dodge s.jpgMy 302 Ford Engine Build and Swap s.jpgFront End Friday s.jpg
Hi old friends! I've been off the site for a while. I've been neglecting all things Deuce for the last six months. I've been putting countless hours into finishing the wiring and drive line on my 1952 Dodge half ton (Major Motion) with a 302 Ford engine build/swap. I drove him on the road for the first time in 35 years today! It was at blast! I have some bugs to work out, but he ran fine all things considered. I hope nobody minds me posting this non-MV post. I have a lot of catching up to do with this thread and you great people!

rustystud

View attachment 878166View attachment 878167View attachment 878168
Hi old friends! I've been off the site for a while. I've been neglecting all things Deuce for the last six months. I've been putting countless hours into finishing the wiring and drive line on my 1952 Dodge half ton (Major Motion) with a 302 Ford engine build/swap. I drove him on the road for the first time in 35 years today! It was at blast! I have some bugs to work out, but he ran fine all things considered. I hope nobody minds me posting this non-MV post. I have a lot of catching up to do with this thread and you great people!
That's a nice looking Dodge you have there ! Though I would have used a 318cid engine instead. Let's keep a Dodge a Dodge.
What happened to the bed though ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks