• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have thought about that too as my father was a "cabinet" maker. Make a mistake with wood and you're buying a whole new piece of probably very expensive wood.
Hence the old saying, "Measure twice, cut once". Personally with wood I measure three or 4 times, it gets my success rate over 90 percent.

1brassjunkie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1brassjunkie, I have been running the same Wagner headlights for about 10 years with no problems. I would check your mounts to make sure you don't have a vibration issue, then your electrical connections. Also, the quality of your headlights I use Wagner or GE headlights on the Deuce and the M38A1 and have very few problems. 2cents
M35A3, Then the low beam blew to while I started it in the shop. It's a Wagner. Wiring is good an tight and secure. There is some flex in the bucket. So I'm back to the drawing board. Anybody have luck with the LED's? Speaking of which, I put bayonet type LED in the shift tower and it works great. I can see the display much better.

Attachments

Darylfraser

Started rust repair for a repaint. I’ll put a build thread together soon. I have been ordering parts in the meantime and this beauty just showed up. My OCD would not let me install a generic weights and dimensions plate and unable to find a General Products Division plate, Mike Virilli of Big Mike’s Motor Pool had a custom data plate made and I thought I would share it here like a proud father!C2E891A2-6893-46C3-99E1-20B83151FD8B.jpeg

rustystud

M35A3, Then the low beam blew to while I started it in the shop. It's a Wagner. Wiring is good an tight and secure. There is some flex in the bucket. So I'm back to the drawing board. Anybody have luck with the LED's? Speaking of which, I put bayonet type LED in the shift tower and it works great. I can see the display much better.
I went to LED's years ago and love them. They are lighter weight also so they don't make the housing move as much when driving down a bumpy road.

davidb56

I broke the aftermarket outside door handle off when the door was frozen a few days ago. I don't have a clue where to buy another locking handle or if I can put a original handle back in its place, as the truck came with them when I bought it. I wonder who the Ja##a@@ is that invented pot metal, although Im sure the Chineses perfected it to break easier and pit quicker when Crome is applied.

Spoonerist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checked in on the deuce the other day. Someone helped tarp the bed. I checked on the tank plumbing to determine removal strategy. It’ll be a sawzall and the backhoe.

I cracked the valves and drained the tank.

I’m in the big city for a week. The tank will come off hopefully next week!

Cheers,

Spoon

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I broke the aftermarket outside door handle off when the door was frozen a few days ago. I don't have a clue where to buy another locking handle or if I can put a original handle back in its place, as the truck came with them when I bought it. I wonder who the Ja##a@@ is that invented pot metal, although Im sure the Chineses perfected it to break easier and pit quicker when Crome is applied.
davidb56, TNJ Murray has GI outside door handles in stock, #7410715. $12.99. I have purchased from these folks before they're OK.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
davidb56, Those Military Guys have the locking door handles in a kit $56.00. No telling what their made of, I'd go with the GI door handles. 2cents

Shooter308

davidb56, Those Military Guys have the locking door handles in a kit $56.00. No telling what their made of, I'd go with the GI door handles. 2cents
My locking door handles are from those military guys. Seems to be of good construction. Has held up to kids pulling on them anyway. Visited the deuce in storage over the weekend, checked for signs of mice and made sure there was plenty of repellent on site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks