• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Dipstick

I broke the aftermarket outside door handle off when the door was frozen a few days ago. I don't have a clue where to buy another locking handle or if I can put a original handle back in its place, as the truck came with them when I bought it. I wonder who the Ja##a@@ is that invented pot metal, although Im sure the Chineses perfected it to break easier and pit quicker when Crome is applied.
I hope they're using the same metallurgical techniques in their fighter jets and naval ships. "thosemilitaryguys.com" sells a pair of pre-painted locking handles for the Deuce for $65. They come in several common Deuce colors.

Dipstick

Thanks. I'll convert back to the original handle from Boyce or Big Mikes. I won't buy anything from TMG after reading all the crap that they pulled on some customers.
Yeah David, but they're only door handles. I'd buy em'. Mine have worked for 11 years. Having said that, with the exception of all of the kids in my neighborhood with Subaru WRXs, only about 18% of Americans can drive manual transmissions anymore according to an article I recently read. Most wouldn't want to be bothered driving a Deuce anyway. A buddy of mine didn't even know stick shift vehicles had 3 pedals until he watched me shifting Brutus one day and asked me about it. So, theft may not be much of an issue after all.

davidb56

Yeah David, but they're only door handles. I'd buy em'. Mine have worked for 11 years. Having said that, with the exception of all of the kids in my neighborhood with Subaru WRXs, only about 18% of Americans can drive manual transmissions anymore according to an article I recently read. Most wouldn't want to be bothered driving a Deuce anyway. A buddy of mine didn't even know stick shift vehicles had 3 pedals until he watched me shifting Brutus one day and asked me about it. So, theft may not be much of an issue after all.
not much theft up here. I leave my keys in the vehicles. The bears, moose, and deer haven't figured out how to drive them.

hgun

Hello can anybody tell me if this is for a military truck? My Wife’s friends parents sold their Deuce and found this later and gave it to me said it was for their deuce jack handle. I don’t know I never seen a military jack for a deuce so I don’t know just curious thank you

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello can anybody tell me if this is for a military truck? My Wife’s friends parents sold their Deuce and found this later and gave it to me said it was for their deuce jack handle. I don’t know I never seen a military jack for a deuce so I don’t know just curious thank you
Can't help but wonder if it is a handle for a CUCV maybe?

To me it seems like a scissor jack type of handle.
Maybe an OLD Deuce had some sort of mechanical bottle jack handle?

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I researched the number 11640461. The last number isn’t very clear, so I’m guessing it’s a 1. Anyway, that part number crosses over to stock number 5120001067598. That stock number indicates that it is part of a 2 ton jack. I doubt it was made for the M35 but it could have been picked up along the way as maybe a curiosity? Just guessing of course.
Update. Found a pallet full of these jacks which appear to have a handle similar to the one you pictured.

Attachments

Last edited:

ToddJK

I finally broke down and bought two group 31's from TSC. Found them for $105/ea and that was the best deal I could find. Those group 65 batteries just couldn't do it and the cold would make them work so hard, the truck killed them way too quick and not be able to turn the engine over fast enough to even start off starting fluid.

hgun

I started the tranny flush this evening on my A3 with help of my wife she drove it in between drains. I did total of 5 not sure what was in there before but it smelled like burning brakes. I changed the external filter now I need to remove the pan to change that filter and that looks like fun not much room. Does anyone know it the Allison Transmission have a drain plug in the torque converter before I have some people help push it across my garage while I look up at it lol. Tomorrow is another day

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks