• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you build?

AZK9

I had a cousin went to a college out there, specialized in outdoor skills. Pretty cool idea.

It was kind of an alternate school for those kids who weren't suited for the conventional programs.

In fact, Prescott College it was called I think. Is it still out there; ever hear of it?
Yes, it's still in town. They do have a pretty extensive 'outdoor/environmental' type of degree program.

Another Ahab

Yes, it's still in town. They do have a pretty extensive 'outdoor/environmental' type of degree program.
I drifted off a wee-bit here, but that's really great to know. [thumbzup]

My cousin was killed in a tractor accident on a farm he worked here in VA, the summer after his first year there.

So in a way, this little note here is a prayer to him. Amen.

And now back to the regularly scheduled program.

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

Today I finished some stuff on my ATV. I built a set of floor boards and set of hand guards.
I built my floot boards from 1 inch square tubing and flat expanded metal.
KIMG0034.jpgKIMG0036.jpgKIMG0038.jpg
I made a left and right then notched out for the brake lever.

Then I made some steel hand guards.
I bent some 11 ga up 10 inch long 6 wide. I have tabs welded to the handle bars that I have a piece of angle bolted to with my led light bar on it. So I Welded some 1/2 in rod to the angle then to the hand guards.
KIMG0037.jpg

Sorry I forgot to lay out a nice pretty bead of weld for you guys. I do build more stuff when I'm at work but if I take and post pics it violates a contract that dad/boss signed with company he does work for. Dad owns a welding and machining shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks