• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you build?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent repurpose of MV parts. That has got to be one heavy potbelly/outdoor fire box. Bet it holds heat for a while
The cactus one is serial number 0003. I came as a result of a customer seeing my ad for the one with scorpions and wanted this one made to his spec.

He needs the wide opening to put a pizza stone in it. I suggested the door in order to provide even heating. You'll also note the inner racks made from 1/2" ×1" bar stock.

I heated the wheels cherry red before beginning assembly. I then power brushed the insides, and got after them with a flap sander. I wanted to make absolutely sure there's no paint residue inside. The entire inside was like chrome at the start of assembly.

I fabricated the door latch out of a bolt, and the heat dissipating door handle was donated from a chipping hammer.

The entire equatorial bulge was welded like pipe in 3 passes: 1/8" 6010 @ 130 amps, then 2 more passes with 3/32" 7018 weaved @ 110 amps.

I am extremely pleased with the results. The guy is coming to get it today. He hasn't seen it yet....

Edit to add detail pics of latch mechanism.

I don't consider myself an artist. I can barely draw a stick figure. I'm surprised beyond words that my results appeal to anyone...

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

The cactus one is serial number 0003. I came as a result of a customer seeing my ad for the one with scorpions and wanted this one made to his spec.

He needs the wide opening to put a pizza stone in it. I suggested the door in order to provide even heating. You'll also note the inner racks made from 1/2" ×1" bar stoc

I am extremely pleased with the results..
And for good reason too, because that is a fine work of art you created there; that is real craftsmanship. It looks great. :beer:

AZK9

... I don't consider myself an artist. I can barely draw a stick figure. I'm surprised beyond words that my results appeal to anyone...
Hey... don't sell yourself short. I'd say what you've done with your MV build projects is pretty nice! [thumbzup]

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scorpions have been the theme lately. I'm branching out from plasma cut to bas-relief.I like the one in the bbq grill best. I gave up my stencil and just free handed this one.

Attachments

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tables look terrific. [thumbzup]

I would SO want any of them I had in my house though to have rounded corners on those table tops!
Agreed.

You would think that a welding table would be hard to find a market for. Thing is, I got the steel plate as remnant, priced accordingly. So what I've been doing is just making sets of legs to match the Plates' existing dimensions - not doing any cuts to the plate. I've sold 8 of them now.... I sell them for about what it would cost for just the materials at standard prices.

I had one guy want one in specific dimensions, so I had to buy a whole sheet of 1/2" plate for his. Since I was making cuts for tjat one, I did a radius on all corners.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks