• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you build?

Shark Bait

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI got to work on the Scrambler a little bit. Picked up the Chevy Performance LS-3 crate engine, 4L70e transmission, torque converter, computers and harnesses a couple weeks ago. The GenRight 6" fenders finally came in yesterday but the Atlas 2 transfer case won't ship until May 31st. I decided to go with 37" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain tires with 18" Fuel wheels. I picked up my Corbeau seats and mounts too but didn't get pictures of them, they're still in the box. Might get it done one day. Lol.

Dave

Shark Bait

It's shaping up, and sure looks sweet!

The body and all of that sheet metal, it looks like aluminum. That's a little unusual isn't it?
The tub is aluminum, about 3/32", it is made in Canada. Quality is excellent. All the steel tubs that are sold are made in the Phillipines and quality is horrible. I wanted aluminum fenders but GenRight no longer manufactures the front in aluminum. Total weight should still be around 3,000lbs with 430hp.

Dave

Mos68x

Looks like everyone has some good welding skills! I'll have to post up some pics the next time I use my welder. I have a battery operated welder and I use the batteries from house (and now possibly the 24v from the 5T) so it takes a real project to use it.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 677695View attachment 677703View attachment 677702View attachment 677701View attachment 677700View attachment 677699View attachment 677698View attachment 677697View attachment 677696View attachment 677704I got to work on the Scrambler a little bit. Picked up the Chevy Performance LS-3 crate engine, 4L70e transmission, torque converter, computers and harnesses a couple weeks ago. The GenRight 6" fenders finally came in yesterday but the Atlas 2 transfer case won't ship until May 31st. I decided to go with 37" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain tires with 18" Fuel wheels. I picked up my Corbeau seats and mounts too but didn't get pictures of them, they're still in the box. Might get it done one day. Lol.

Dave
Dave there is a distinct chance that I now hate you even more.....

Shark Bait

Dave there is a distinct chance that I now hate you even more.....
Lol, well, I got to piddle with it a little more. Radiator and fan finally came in last week and my Advance Adapter Atlas 2 transfer case came in Thursday. I had them build it with a 5 to 1 low range and twin stick shifting kit. Hopefully get to work on it some more soon. You can come back up and check it out whenever you like!

Dave

Attachments

Another Ahab

Lol, well, I got to piddle with it a little more. Radiator and fan finally came in last week and my Advance Adapter Atlas 2 transfer case came in Thursday. I had them build it with a 5 to 1 low range and twin stick shifting kit. Hopefully get to work on it some more soon. You can come back up and check it out whenever you like!

The housing is aluminum but the gears must be high-strength steel, right?

PS Excellent build! [thumbzup]

Shark Bait

The housing is aluminum but the gears must be high-strength steel, right?

PS Excellent build! [thumbzup]
Yes, the case is machined from billet aluminum with hardened gears. It is a gear driven transfer case and not chain driven. It also has the ability to do front wheel drive only in high and low as well as rear and 4 wheel drive, high and low. I hadn't worked on it since it came in. Still sitting on my bench. My gas company clientele are getting their new trucks in and it's keeping me hopping.
Thank you for the compliment.

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks